Monday, June 30, 2014

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What's the most significant secret you've ever kept? Did the truth ever come out?
I'm a big NON-believer in secrets. I've seen them cause so much damage over the decades in families and people. However, there are a few secrets I have kept. One regards the attraction a friend of mine has (had?) toward one of my relatives. It's a not a "secret" in the sense that it's probably easily visible to anyone with a brain and eyeballs, but since my relatives are often lacking in brain-power.... There are some other more important things that I keep quiet about, just because it's probably none of my business that I even know about it in the first place.
2) Create a new recipe with just five ingredients.
Does it have to be new? I make a mean tuna casserole with whatever's in the pantry (besides noodles and tuna, of course). There's also the famous "leftovers omelet" or "leftovers sandwich", but I'm not sure those count either. One must remember that my sister and her husband once made pizza out of frozen bread dough and several cans from another sister's pantry (corn, mushrooms, etc.). It wasn't awful, but it was definitely weird. So I learned from that: you can make a meal out of an almost infinite variety of "whatever you've got" plus seasonings and spices, and Worcestershire and/or soy sauce. ;-) One recent cooking adventure was frozen chicken strips coated in whole-wheat flour, paprika, parsley and peppercorns [those were the spices I grabbed--could have been lemon-pepper, oregano, and ginger, among other options) with a little olive oil drizzled over the top and baked. Throw a salad together and eat.
3) What's your favorite place in the world?
There's a little crevice in the cliff-side across the highway from the house we used to own in the mountains of Colorado that I used to hike up to with my dog when I was a kid. Two house-sized boulders had rolled together and created a cleft with a perfect little sitting area. Assuming I could get back up the hillside nowadays, sans dog, of course, I think I could pass some great time thinking and reading there....
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Photo © Cat. 2013
I took this photo last summer while standing in line to scan and pay for groceries at Meijer. The sign cracked me up: "Pet Baby," really? Sparky was rather embarrassed at my photo-snapping, which made it even funnier.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.