Saturday, May 10, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. S is for SACCHARIFEROUS: You’re presented with a tray of sweeteners for your coffee: if you had to choose, are you more likely to select real sugar, Equal, Sweet-N-Low, Splenda or Truvia?
I don't drink coffee. I don't add anything to tea when I drink it, unless I'm sick and then it's honey (which then turns it into "medicine" instead of tea). But if I could figure out how to cook with Truvia, I totally would.
2. S is for SALSA: Which type of salsa do you prefer: watery with some vegetable and spice pieces, paste with everything ground in evenly, or little liquid with big vegetable/spice chunks?
Paste, i.e. like dip, if it's purchased. I really don't like most homemade salsa because it's too watery most of the time. However, the best salsa I've had has been made by people using their grandparents' recipes; not watery, not all ground up, just a perfect combination of flavors and textures.
3. S is for SAVINGS: Do you feel like you’re putting enough money in your savings month to month for the future?
Yes. Plus I have state pensions from two states (ok, one of them might keep me in cat food for six months if I'm careful, but it's there!). And of course, this supposes that my state won't have spent my pension before I can start drawing it.
4. S is for SLANG: What’s a slang word that particularly annoys you?
"Like." I used to be ok with it, and I use it more than I should also, but there are a couple of kids in my Sunday School class who, like, say "like", like, every, like, second word, like, like a, like, tic. I like the kids, but I want to smack them every time they do this.
5. S is for SNARK: Do you find the majority of snarky comments you see online to be funny or rude?
If I know they're TRYING to be snarky, it doesn't bother me; I mean, look at the tag to my blog's description! But there is a line between snark and snottiness, and it's probably NOT the same for everyone. I think it depends on each person's cultural sensibilities, so I expect the Northeasterners living in cities to be WAY more tolerant of high snark levels than a sheep rancher in Wyoming or a Baptist preacher in small-town Mississippi.
6. S is for SOUND: What’s the worst sound you’ve ever woken up to?
"Get up get up, get in the basement NOW NOW NOW! I'll get [Sparky]!" at about 1 a.m. ten years ago.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.