Saturday, March 1, 2014

i love the way you make me feel

(Found here)

introduce yourself: I'm Cat

would you have preferred me to ask your name rather than demand it?: I general, yeah, but this isn't conversation, so I'll live.

what is [sic] your personal feelings on manners?: Similar to my personal feelings on grammar; that is one should at least TRY.

do you have good or bad manners?: Aside from regular bouts of temper and tactlessness, they're ok, I guess.

do you believe that you can accurately judge your own manners?: At this point in my life, yes, I think I can.

have you seen a two dollar bill?: Of course. My crazy brother-in-law, Jan, is a huge fan of them. Everyone in the family gets one out of his stash on our birthdays.

have you listened to ellie goulding?: Yes. And the lack of capitalization is starting to really annoy me.

are you going swimming today?: It's March 1, 13 degrees out and snowing. And I can't swim. So, no.

what color do you absolutely despise?: I'm not a huge fan of that mustardy yellow color. And olive green isn't among my favorites either. Basically, that 70s vibe...not ok.

is there anyone you want to kiss?: Nope. I'd infect people, and Beast isn't here so, no.

can you kiss them?: I am able to--I'm not that sick!

would you ever take in an animal with special needs?: Probably not seeing as how I'm allergic to both cats and dogs and I don't have a place to keep larger animals. We did have a special-needs guinea pig for awhile; he was prone to seizures and had some kind of horrible tumor over his eye. Poor little Cinnamon....

do you prefer surveys with themes, or just random questions?: I like them when they are creative and not the same questions as every other meme. So far, this one isn't too bad.

anything important going on this week?: Aside from working for the next 6 days straight? Hah! I don't think so.

are you lbgt?: See, now with that being uncapitalized, it looks like alphabet soup. I'm straight, but firmly support LGBT (note the order there, too) people's rights.

do you support lbgt rights?: See above. And get the order of the letters right because it's really off-kilter to read this as "Lesbian Bisexual Gay Transgender."

are you a vegetarian? do you want to be?: Nope and nope.

what's holding you back from your current goal?: I am probably the least goal-oriented person in the universe! So, I guess myself, but since I don't have goals, per se.

what is your current goal?: See above.

do you ever feel directionless?: Long-term, a little. Short-term...normally, no, but this week, yes. I haven't felt good so my days have turned to sludge.

would you have called the brain, the brain?: Is this something to do with "Pinky and the Brain"? Whatever; I have no idea so moving on....

do you believe that it gets better?: Eventually.

are you employed?: Yes.

do you enjoy being employed/not being?: I would be bored out of my mind if I didn't have a job.

what is one thing you wish you could change about the person closest to you?: Here's the thing: I've been trying for almost 5 months to STOP DOING THAT. I can barely change myself so arranging other people's lives isn't likely to be productive, useful, or healthy for anyone.

do you have siblings?: Yes.

have you ever wished you did/did not have siblings?: I often wished my siblings were closer in age to me.

what's the weirdest thing you've ever named?: I...well, I guess I've named a few cars? I'm really bad at picking names, though. I guess you could say the weirdest "thing" was (re)naming everyone I know with Blog Names.

if you could try any new food in the world right now, what would it be?: I'd love to try a magical, nice-tasting food that cures chest congestion and coughing.

what food hybrid would you invent? (i.e. an orange crossed with a mango): Hey, here's a thought: I'll let other people do this!

is there a certain texture you can't stand?: The notion of things that are super-smooth that seem like they ought to NOT be smooth kind of wigs me out. Also, peaches. I love the fruit, but sometimes the fuzz is a little {{shudder}}y.

what is one thing guaranteed to make you happy?: Holding a happy baby.

paperback or hardback, or no books at all?: "NO BOOKS AT ALL"?!?! What fresh hell is that?! I'll read anything in print, at least briefly: cereal boxes, medical information pamphlets, instruction manuals, print books, ebooks, signs....if it's got letters, I'm on it.

do you ever feel judged on something you can't control?: Every day, baby. Right now it's tax season at the public library: "WHY don't you have any state forms/instructions?!"

do you babysit? if so, age range?: Not so much. Hoping to do some of that in a few years.

what age was your favourite? or has it yet to come?: Looking back my teens and twenties were good, though at the time I had no idea that I'd EVER say that! Early forties weren't bad. This last 5-7 years has sucked quite a lot.

what social network do you use the most?: Facebook.

do you believe in dragons?: I don't believe they exist, except as myth.

have you ever had to say goodbye to someone permanently?: See "the last 5-7 years..." above. And multiple others prior to that: grandparents, my dad, a sister, friends my age.... And those are just the dead people. Let's not get into the people I haven't spoken to--even though I'm sure they're alive--for many many years.

was it harder than if they were just going away and then coming back?: And you cap it off with the STUPIDEST QUESTION EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MEMES! Man, you were doing so well, too. ...sigh....

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Dragons? I was bopping along thinking this was a meme to do, and then that question rolled up. And the last one.. sigh......wow.

Cat. said...

Yeah, well, feel free to omit Teh Stoopud. I often do...though not often enough... ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.