Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
As Time Goes By

1) This is the theme song of Casablanca, generally acknowledged as one the screen's great love stories. In honor of Valentine's Day weekend, what's your favorite movie romance?
Dr. Zhivago. The original one, with Omar Sharif. I was a weird kid--had a terrific crush on Sharif because of this movie, and he was 30 years older than me.
2) Even though he was only 5'8" and had a receding hairline, Humphrey Bogart was a popular leading man. What movie or TV actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?
Christian Slater causes some heart palpitations, and I don't really find him particularly gorgeous.
3) Sweethearts are those little heart-shaped candies that are printed with messages like, "Be Mine" and "Kiss Me." Do you like how they taste?
I adore them. And I didn't have a single one this year. :(
4) Valentine's Day is a big day for florists. When is the last time a floral arrangement adorned your table or desk?
There's one in my living room right now.
5) Do you think an e-card means as much as a conventional card in an envelope?
To me it does.
6) Despite what you see on Valentines, the human heart isn't bright red. It's really a brownish shade of red, like a brick. Now it's your turn. Share some trivia that's been rattling around in your head. (It does[n't] have to be about Valentines or the human heart. It can be any random fact at all.)
Valentine's Day is mentioned in Hamlet, which seems to mean that Shakespeare's peers were at least passing familiar with it.
7) When is the last time you thought your heart would break?
Oh, it's a regular occurrence. I'm beginning to think it may never be whole again.
8) What is the most recent thing to lift your heart?
Meeting my boss's youngest (step) daughter today. She's a sweetheart.
9) Who is the most "hard hearted" person you know?
I'm working on becoming that! hah Actually, I don't think I know too many hard-hearted people--I tend to avoid people like this. Maybe my brother? About some things, anyway.

1 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Your answer to #7 broke MY heart! I hope yours feel whole again someday soon.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.