Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Hopelessly Devoted to You

Olivia Newton-John is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

1) This is a sad song about unrequited love. What's your favorite love song, and is it happy or sad?
My favorite pop love song is "The Sweetest Thing." I'll let you decide if you think it's happy or sad.
2) This song is from the Grease soundtrack. When that movie came out in 1978, the price of a postage stamp was just 15¢. When's the last time you visited the post office?
Within the last month. We have a mailbox to check, and I think it's my turn. Maybe I'll go do that, pick up Beast's latest Rx, and do a quick grocery shop while I'm in town.
3) Not many people know that Olivia's maternal grandfather, Max Born, won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1954. Share something about yourself that we might not have known before this morning.
One of my nieces has a doctorate in astrophysics. She currently works for the Spanish government doing something with social statistics. I think. Anyway, it does not involve stars.
4) Olivia's father was an officer in MI5, the UK's secret service. Sam's most recent run-in with the authorities had less intrigue or glamor, as it included a policeman pointing out the stop sign she'd somehow missed. Tell us about your most recent encounter with law enforcement.
Well, there were cops in my house last Saturday night. One of them gave me a hug as she left.
5) Olivia is part owner of an exclusive, luxury retreat called Gaia. If you had a day of free access to a heated pool, golf course, tennis court, gym, and day spa, but could only use one, which one would you choose?
Day spa. No contest.
6) Are you flirtatious?
Not particularly, or at least not on purpose. It always amuses (and embarrasses) me when I'm on the receiving end of this sort of thing.
7) Do you more often wear silver, gold, or platinum?
Silver. Again, it's not even a close call.
8) When you're on the phone, do you usually make the first move toward ending the call? Or do you find it hard to say goodbye?
Depends. I'm not a fan of making random calls, but if it's someone I enjoy talking to, I have a hard time hanging up.
9) Would you rather be smarter, richer, or more attractive than you are right now?
Smarter, but not 'book-smart'--smarter about myself and knowing what I'm here for, what to do next (in the Big Picture) sense.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I knew you would choose Sweetest Thing! :-)

I am Harriet said...

Sometimes the book-smartest females are the dumbest everywhere else.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not sure what plain old physics entails, much less "astrophysics!" Wow!

Cat. said...

Hey, now, Harriet!! :-) I'm pretty smart about non-intellectual things too, but I'm a huge sucker for a good story, so I'm really easily conned.

Astro=stars; Physics=complicated science stuff. Astrophysics=complicated science stuff about stars. :-)

I lied: she's actually doing computer programming for clinical trials of some sort. In Spain, though. I got that part right.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.