Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
You're So Vain

1) Samantha Winters is very vain about her light blonde locks. What's your best feature?
Depends on who you ask, but since you asked me...my brain.
2) Carly Simon is the daughter of a wealthy family (Simon & Shuster Publishing). Do you think your life would be very different if you knew there was a large sum of inherited money in your future?
Sure. How could it not be? As this song has it, "'cos when you're laid in bed at night watching roaches climb the wall / If you call your Dad he could stop it all. / You'll never live like common people..." Not to say life would be better or happier or whatever, but it would be different for sure.
3) October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Carly is a proud breast cancer survivor. Has breast cancer -- or cancer of any type -- touched you, your family or your circle of friends?
Yes. Of course. At age 49-11/12, how likely is it that I've never known anyone with cancer?? One of my sisters and my mother-in-law died of cancer. I have a couple of friends who have beaten cancer (or are in remission, however you want to look at it). One of our neighbors died a few years ago of cancer. It's really pretty much everywhere, no?
4) Carly has been known to perform with her sister, Lucy, and their oldest sister Joanna is a mezzo-soprano. Is your family musical?
Yes. We all sang growing up (my parents were in choir at church and Mom played piano) and we all played instruments. One niece has a performance music major (she does a lot of community theater and music), and the rest of us just mess about a lot. I never realized this was a 'thing' till I met Beast who can't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow--because he was never properly taught.
5) Carly suffers from stage fright, a liability in her profession. When was the last time fear got the better of you?
I had a fairly major anxiety attack yesterday afternoon at work, possibly the first time I've had one like it: butterflies, nausea, shakes...the whole thing. About? No clue. Habit, I think. It's a been along couple of years in my personal life, let's just leave it at that.
6) Do you wear hats?
Not very often. I usually forget to grab one, and I hate hat-hair anyway.
7) Autumn is known as "sweater weather." Is there a chill in the air where you are today?
It's muggy and warm out--not hot, but really humid. And probably rainy again, as it was early in the morning and all day yesterday. It's like late June.
8) Do you drink bottled water?
Occasionally, when I travel mostly. At home, I drink out of the fridge door or (gasp!) straight from the tap--i.e., the well.
9) What color is your toothbrush?
White and some-other-color. Or maybe it's just purple? I don't know actually. It's the one without the mashed-down bristles. ;-)

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I feel guilty that I drink bottled water at school. However, I have a case in the backseat of my car for school on Monday, so I guess I don't feel that guilty.

I am Harriet said...

I agree with that age thing and cancer.

The Gal Herself said...

Your panic attack sounds dreadful. But you got through it! I think that's the important thing.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.