Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Seattle
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Let's get the obvious out of the way: Have you ever been to Seattle?
Nope. Everyone I know who has been there loves it, but I just don't see it. Guess I should go and find out for myself, eh?
2) Businessweek named Seattle one of the best places to live, citing its clean air, low crime and high employment. What makes your current hometown a great place to live?
Low crime, clean air, small town, farms...and still near enough a city to be cultural fun.
3) In this song, Bobby brags about how green Seattle is. Is it still green where you are? Or are the trees beginning to show their fall colors?
It's still green--Beast is out mowing the lawn as I type this--but some falling leaves did hit my windshield as I was driving this morning.
4) This song was the theme of a 1968-1970 show called Here Come the Brides. Do you know the words to any other TV theme?
Yes, I do, and I can whistle along with the M*A*S*H theme to this day.
5) Bobby Sherman was once America's #1 teen idol, selling millions of records and earning 5 Gold Albums. Girls who wrote to his fan club received a postcard back signed, "Peace, Love & Bobby Sherman." Have you ever belonged to a fan club?
Nope.
6) Alas, the career of a teen idol can be short, and by fall 1970, Bobby was replaced on magazine covers by David Cassidy. Sherman went on to a second career with the LAPD, instructing officers in CPR and first aid. Do you know how perform CPR? The Heimlich Maneuver?
I know both, and I think I'm still legally certified to perform CPR. Probably should re-up, eh?
7) The "disc" you see shown is actually made of cardboard and was printed on the back of a Post Alpha-Bits cereal box. It was one of four that Post printed on different cereals back in 1970 so that Bobby-loving little girls would have to go through lots of different cereals to collect the whole set. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
Froot-Loops, but I never eat it for breakfast. I just eat cereal as a snack.
8) Crazy Sam can't decide if she wants berries or banana slices with her cereal. Which would be your choice?
Ugh. No thanks. I don't do fruit with cereal. Milk, occasionally, or more likely yogurt--with or without fruit--but not fruit by itself.
9) Do you ever eat cereal straight out of the box? Drink milk directly from the carton?
I put cereal in a bowl, and when I drink milk it's in a glass. But I'm not much of a milk-drinker.

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

I live in a small city surrounded by farms. It's a shock to me since I grew up in a large city

Kwizgiver said...

I wish I lived closer to a city. Nothing much happens around here.

The Gal Herself said...

MASH, Magnum PI, Rockford Files ... I could identify all those themes but they don't have lyrics!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.