Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Dedicated to the One I Love

1) The lyrics include the line, "Love can never be exactly what we want it to be." Are you happy with your love life?
Yesterday was my 27th wedding anniversary. That line is dead right, and yes, I'm as happy as can be. I've known Beast for 30 years now, and I can't imagine having found someone better to or for me, even when things aren't great between us.
2) Another lyric is, "Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me." Do you say your prayers?
I haven't really said "organized" bedtime prayers since I was a tiny child. But I do say my prayers, yes. Did an awful lot of praying for individual strangers the last couple of days.
3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn't end well -- not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner?
I'm not sure. Some days, yes. Some day, no. We'd need a very clear delineation of job responsibilities for sure.
4) After the band broke up, Michelle tried her hand at acting and eventually became a regular on the nighttime soap, Knot's Landing . Of course, she could live off of her music royalties while she learned her new craft. If money was no object, what career would like to try?
Retirement. lol
OK, no, actually I would love to be a professional volunteer. I've considered going to seminary many times over the year, but I have no interest in being a pastor. I actually like the job I have now, so it's a little hard to consider other options.
5) There is a famous rumor -- completely false -- that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you think of another urban legend?
Snopes is on my RSS feeds. I get at least one new urban lie legend every day. Today there were 5; of those, this one was pretty good.
6) In the 1960s, every high school girl wanted to wear her hair like Michelle and Cass -- long and straight. Can you recall a fashion trend from your school days?
Hello, Farrah Fawcett Flip, my old friend. The left is what we were aiming for; the right is what we usually got.
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend?
Yes, ma'am, I am! I was scheduled to work today, but I bailed as an anniversary present to myself and my hubby.
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade?
I marched in 7 years' worth of parades, from 7th grade band through my freshman year's Homecoming parade. Marching was exceedingly important in my formative years, as some of you may remember.
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father.
It's really a toss-up between Adams and Jefferson. The former was such a smart, strong, firm, uncompromising guy and Jefferson was clever, full of contradiction, and much more the Romantic Hero type.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.