Saturday, June 15, 2013

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. Would you have ever dated someone you knew was in a committed relationship with someone else, even if you knew that the other person was okay with the idea?
Hmm, no. I don't think I did this, not intentionally. I really thought that one of the guys I 'dated' in college was done with his high school girlfriend. Turns out...not so much. I can't think of anyone else I got involved with who was already hooked up. The whole concept creeps me out, regardless of what I think about the woman.
2. If you were in a longterm relationship and your significant other gained weight because of a medical issue, would you think less of him/her as a person?
Nope. Next question....
Seriously, take a look at the gene pool your SO is coming from and extrapolate. If that freaks you out, leave now for both of your sakes.
3. When dating someone, how important is it that you'd communicate with that person every day?
There are tons of variables involved here that have to be considered. When Beast and I were dating in college, during the summers we wrote letters and talked on his Dad's (work) WATS (800#) line once a week. Nowadays, there's more expectation of daily/hourly communication, but I'm not sure that's always helpful. Beast travels a lot for work; sometimes we don't talk every day. It's not the end of the world. Sometimes there's just nothing much to say.
4. If you had to choose one or the other, which is more important in a relationship: dedication or passion?
Dedication. Devotion. Turning all the night time into the day.
Wait, what was I saying...sorry. I'm more interested in the long-haul than the sprint.
5. Is jealousy healthy or unhealthy in a relationship?
UNhealthy. Jealousy is pretty much defined, for me, as unhealthy whenever and wherever it turns up.
6. Would you have a problem with your significant other spending a good deal of time with his/her exes if you knew it was completely platonic?
Well, no, of course not if I knew it was completely platonic. The issue is more about why he'd want to, especially if the alternative use of his time was spending it with me or our family.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.