Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Long Time, No Questionaire

(Found here, with the above title)

Kissed any one of your blogging friends? If we count Beast as a blogger, then yes. But he doesn't update much. Otherwise, no.

Been arrested? Technically, I've gotten a couple of tickets, which are arrests, but I've never been taken to jail against my will.

Kissed someone you didn't like? Of course. When I was a child kissing the rellies at bedtime was sometimes unpleasant.

Slept in until 5 PM? When I've been sick my sleep schedule has sometimes been a little odd. When I had pneumonia at 11, I slept about 20 hours a day.

Fallen asleep at work/school? Yes, at a previous job I fell asleep a couple of times, briefly. Fortunately, I wasn't caught; I was in the workroom alone.

Held a snake? No I haven't. I probably would, given a (safe) opportunity.

Ran a red light? Yes, to my dismay. I'm been VERY lucky not to get T-boned.

Been suspended from school? Hah! Not bloody likely.

Experienced love at first sight? Well, lust at first sight, yeah.

Totaled your car in an accident? Yes. ...sigh...

Been fired from a job? Yes. ...sigh...

Fired somebody? Yes.

Sung karaoke? Nope.

Pointed a gun at someone? Only a cap pistol prior to hitting double-digits in age.

Did something you told yourself you wouldn't? "I'd never date a football players!" I said that in high school. Two years later I was dating a defensive lineman at college, and two years after that I married him.

Laughed until something you were drinking came out your eyes? Is that even possible?? I've done till stuff came out my nose, and I've laughed till I cried. I've even laughed till I sobbed.

Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes. Many times.

Kissed in the rain? Yup.

Had a close brush with death (your own)? More than once, yes.

Saw someone die? Not ... quite.

Played Spin-the-Bottle? Actually...no.

Smoked a cigar? Only by proxy.

Sat on a rooftop? Yup.

Smuggled something into another country? Not on purpose.

Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? No. Because I would pretty much annihilate anyone who did this to me. I can't swim, so it's not a joke.

Broken a bone? Perhaps a couple of my fingers. I've never been sure, but they are bent oddly.

Skipped school? Yes. I think, maybe, twice.

Eaten a bug? Not on purpose.

Sleepwalked? I've been told so, yes.

Walked on a moonlit beach? Yes. And convinced some kids that they would get moonburned if they weren't careful.

Ridden a motorcycle? Yes, as a passenger a couple of times.

Dumped someone? Yes.

Forgotten your anniversary? Nope. It's a hard day to miss in this country.

Lied to avoid a ticket? Nope.

Ridden in a helicopter? No. I would LOVE to!

Shaved your head? No, but I have had very short hair a few times in my life.

Blacked out from drinking? Yes. Yes, I have.

Played a prank on someone? Prank phone calls when I was a kid, and I've been involved in pranking some people over the years, but I don't really think this way.

Hit a home run? HA HA HA HA. ...no

Felt like killing someone? Well...I've been angry enough to do that a couple of times, but have maintained enough control to remove myself from the situation as quickly as possible.

Cross-dressed? I dressed as a (male) bum for Halloween one year. When I was in my 20s, and thin, I wore men's jeans because they fit and cost less. I haven't worn a skirt in years. I'm currently wearing one of Beast's 'retired' T-shirts. But I don't really consider any of this as cross-dressing, because I'm not doing any of this particularly covertly or because I want to stop being a woman.

Been falling-down drunk? I think that goes with the blacking out question fairly well. I had to be carried back to my dorm room one night my freshman year of college because I couldn't walk.

Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? I've made Beast cry. I'm not proud of that, but it's unfortunately true.

Eaten snake? Don't think so.

Marched/protested? Hmm, no. I don't think so...?

Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? Nope. Ugh.

Puked on an amusement ride? No.

Seriously & intentionally boycotted something? Yes.

Been in a band? A marching band. A wind symphony. An orchestra.

Knitted? I have, but I'm rather awful at it.

Been on TV? As part of that marching band, yes.

Shot a gun? Only that cap pistol mentioned above.

Skinny-dipped? Nope. Seems ... counter-productive.

Given someone stitches? I have never caused anyone to need stitches except myself.

Eaten a whole habanero pepper? FUUUUUUCK no.

Ridden a surfboard? Which part of "I can't swim" isn't clear here? Ergo, no.

Drunk straight from a liquor bottle? I'm sure I have though I don't remember for sure.

Had surgery? See above re stitches.

Streaked? I was 10 when this trend peaked in the 70s. No.

Been taken by ambulance to a hospital? No. I've actually never been in an ambulance in spite of my brother's lengthy career in EMS. ...grrr

Tripped on mushrooms? Uh, no.

Passed out when NOT drinking? Have come close to it a couple of times, once while trying to walk out of the ER. An 18-hour fast, lack of sleep, and an epinephrine injection pretty much topped me.

Peed on a bush? No, thank you.

Donated blood? I think I've got a couple-three gallons in. I should keep doing, but I'm not sure they'd have me anymore.

Grabbed electric fence? So, the unasked question here is "Are you mental?" The answer is an emphatic no.

Eaten alligator meat? Not to my knowledge.

Eaten cheesecake? Oh, yes, ma'am.

Eaten your kids' Halloween candy? Of course. That's why I had a kid in the first place! (well, no, but it's one of the perks)

Killed an animal when NOT hunting? I've had two pets put to sleep if that counts. And a large number of bugs have been felled by me, but not enough. Oh, and (ugh) I have hit some animals on the road over the years.

Peed your pants in public? Not quite. There've been a couple of close calls however.

Sneaked into a movie without paying? Yes. Yes, I have.

Written graffiti? Have you noticed how lousy graffiti in bathrooms are these days? I used to add my two cents, but there's nothing to add to anymore. ...sigh

Still love someone you shouldn't? There are some family members I can't understand why I don't just drop-kick, but I keep on loving them. So annoying.

Think about the future? I don't dwell on anything too far ahead. It's just not my gig.

Been in handcuffs? Yes? I think? Not for a crime. College friends, stupid mucking about.

Believe in love? If I ever stop believing in love, I will be putting a bullet through my brain immediately.

Sleep on a certain side of the bed? Yes, for close to 25 years now.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.