Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Christmas Carols

1) What's the first holiday song that comes to mind?
"Silent Night"
2) Are you sending cards (either by postal service or email) this year? If so, have they gone out yet?
Maybe some email cards. We'll see. We haven't actually decorated much of anything yet.
3) Can you see any holiday decorations from where you're answering these questions?
Our tree is up, about 3 feet to my left. That's it. OK, well, technically the candles on the mantelpiece are from last Christmas....
4) Do you wrap gifts in paper or take the gift bag route?
Anything that's normal-shaped gets wrapped. The weirdo-shapes get a bag.
5) The holidays are an important fundraising time for charities. Here's an opportunity to do a shameless plug for your favorite. What organization or cause do you wish got more support at the holidays, and all year around?
The local charity is my easy fave, but I'd be happy if you donated big to a local charity near you. Or if you have to have a Big Name: Heifer Project or Operation Christmas Child.
6) Andy Williams was famous for his family holiday specials. What TV family would you most like to spend Christmas with?
Since we're going back to Andy Williams, how about the Osmonds? (lol) I'll take my own families' weirdness, thanks; at least I know where the land mines are.
7) The holidays are a big time for travel. Where did you go on your first airplane flight?
Uhm...Milwaukee, actually. In about 1972 or so though the only reason I remember is that my brother had long hair at the time. And we flew in over Lake Michigan, which he related from his window seat with great glee.
8) Does the weather have an impact on your mood?
Yes. I take anti-depressants in order to survive winter. Is that "impactful" enough?
9) Snack time! You're about to make yourself your favorite sandwich. What ingredients do you need?
American cheese, bread, butter...and potato chips. For the sandwich. Yes, I'm weird.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Your answer to #4 sums up my dilemma perfectly. I prefer paper, but some stuff just doesn't fit in boxes.

Kwizgiver said...

I frequently put chips in my sammiches, too. Not weird at all.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.