Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. In what ways do you indulge yourself?
I spend way too much time online goofing off, and I eat far too much junk. Also, a monthly massage. Hanging with children is sort of an indulgence for me too. Reading. Crosswords.
2. Have you ever taken a cooking class? Any interest? What type of class would you most like to try?
I am unlikely in the extreme to do this, though perhaps I should be less snooty about it. Cooking is not my favorite activity. I would love a good class in ancient Greek though.
3. What does it mean [to you] to be a good citizen?
Vote. Be a part of the community in a positive way. Follow the laws that make sense and work to change those that don't. Try to improve the situation of the citizens of the country and defend and/or represent it in a good light when necessary. Honor heroes, be kind to those who need kindness, and try not to be an asshole.
4. 'Tis the season of the political advert...do these ads influence your vote?
Absolutely not, except in a negative way. One of these years, I'm going to keep a tally sheet by the TV and mark down every negative ad I'm subjected to and vote for the candidate that has the most mud thrown at him (or her).
5. What's something you see today that makes you wish you were a kid again?
Hmm, it's definitely not the clothes available for girls, that's for sure! It would be awesome to grow up in an era when girls were allowed, even supposed to be athletic and strong, although my parents pushed those traits more than most of their era. However, most of the reason I would want to be a kid again is the freedom to play without guilt or self-censorship.
6. What's your least favorite cliche?
"Could care less" makes my teeth itch. If you can care less than you do about something it implies you actually DO care. "Couldn't care less" is what you mean. Stop screwing it up!
7. What percentage of your Christmas shopping has been completed? How does that make you feel?
Ha ha ha ha. I'm behind on everything shopping-related. However, I do have a few ideas so at least I'm not behind and desperate.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope we find a new director soon, so we can go on and hire a children's librarian directly. This working short is killing us, and I just found out that one of the people in my "department" is job-hunting. I am torn: I know she wants full-time work, but I totally don't want to deal with training another new person.

4 sweet-talkers :

Karen Greenberg said...

I like your idea of voting for the candidate with the most mud thrown at him or her! What a great way to pick a person to vote for since I don't believe any of them, anyway.

I'm with you on the "could care less," too. That drives me insane!

Kwizgiver said...

Good luck with the work situations. And welcome back to the bloggerhood!

Cat. said...

Karen, I do believe SOME of them. I guess I haven't reached total cynicism quite yet. ;-)

KW: Good to be back. Hope I can stay awhile this time...

Karen Greenberg said...

You're doing better than I am on the political front, then. I was all set with my vote, then I started reading more and hearing more. Now I'm more confused than ever!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.