Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Stealing (Repeat Offender Version)

(Link in meme-roll)
The Imaginary Meme, Part Six

101. Name 4 things you always have with you. Chapstick, glasses, clothes, worry.

102. How many SERIOUS exes do you have? I need to have that defined please. Since I've been married 26 years now, engaged a year before that, I'm pretty sure that all my exes are DEFINITIVELY exes.

103. What causes you to you admire people? Honesty, humor, self-effacement, confidence.

104. Do you like sports? I like watching (some) sports. I'm not much of participant though.

105. Would you have sex after marriage? Why or why not? AFTER? Isn't that when even the prudes think you're supposed to? Wow, apparently I've been out of the conversation for awhile if not.

106. What is your favorite male name? James.

107. Do animals go to Heaven? I hope so. Having given up dogs because of allergies, I'm really hoping I get to be around them in heaven.

108. Last time you had a great time with your dad? Almost 18 years....

109. What is your favorite hair style? On me: easy to handle. I love 'fancy' hair, like for weddings and proms, but wouldn't want to deal with anything complicated regularly.

110. Do you like your name? I like it well enough not to change it.

111. When was the last time that you quit your job? I stopped delivering newspapers in 1996 sometime, I think. I quit my previous library job in Jun 1994. Those are the 'for-pay' jobs. I've stopped doing a lot of volunteer stuff over the years, too, most recently the church youth group.

112. When you wake up, what is the first thing you think? I don't think coherently until I'm upright usually. In general, I would say my first awareness of a new day involves knowing that I haven't slept through the night again.

113. Have you ever pulled an all-niter? In college, a couple of times. Probably traveling overseas in a general sense, too.

114. What is the perfect day for you? Sunny, warm, no humidity, good music in the car, being left alone at work to do my job with no changes in schedule. Good food. Time spent reading at some point.

115. Last time you cleaned the bathroom? No clue. Sorry. When it gets bad, I clean it.

116. Have you ever failed a grade? Why? No. When I was a student, this would be akin to failing to breath.

117. Have you met anyone online? Lots of people. Have I met them personally? I've met a couple of them.

118. Have you ever smoked? Nope.

119. Do you like celebrities? They are entertaining, but somewhat immaterial to my daily existence.

120. Do you like traveling? Yes, I do. It's fun, exciting, educational, and a change from the norm.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Imaginary Meme, Part Seven

121. Have you gone rock climbing? If not, would you? I grew up in the Rocky Mountains. Yes. I probably wouldn't do it anymore because I'm badly out of shape and have more breakable body parts.

122. Do you believe in forever love in a romantic relationship? ...I do not know.

123. As a kid did you ever sneak anyone into your house? There were a few times when I had friends over when neither of my parents were home, but it wasn't really "sneaking" since they'd never explicitly said I couldn't. I'm talking one, maybe two, people at a time, at age 10-13.

124. Do you personally know anyone homeless? Not quite. I know a few who are awfully damn close to it.

125. Do you believe in aliens? Little green men from Mars? No.

126. Have you ever killed someone? Only in my extended imagination.

127. What would it take for you to sell your soul to a devil? Depends on where I am at any given moment. Sometimes, I would do so for a sugar cookie. In fact, I maybe have already done that a few times.

128. Top or bottom? Meh.

129. Are you happy with your career? I love my job AND my career. I think it's worthwhile and important and fun. What I'm becoming increasingly annoyed and angry about is the number of complete morons in library management. Seriously, if you want to find a group of narcissists with low self-esteem who know next to nothing about what's going on on the front lines, gather a random group of library administrators together.

130. What's your favorite store to buy clothes? Why? I like Old Navy. One reason: after asking once, they leave you the FUCK alone to shop.

131. What is your eye color? Hazel.

132. Watching or playing sports? Covered this already. You'll have to earn your answers in this meme. ;-)

133. Would you have plastic surgery? For repair purposes, perhaps. In other words, I'm not against breast reconstruction after cancer surgery. Or facial surgery after a car accident. Or surgery to correct a cleft palate. I'm against deciding your nose is the "wrong" shape and wanting it changed, though.

134. Name one website that you visit daily. Why do you read it? I suppose Facebook doesn't count? If not, then Goodreads.

135. Are you going on vacation this year? If so, where? It's looking rather doubtful. Maybe we'll go somewhere this fall, once Sparky's back at college.

136. How do you align yourself politically? I'm left of center.

137. Do you have any pets? We have two guinea pigs: Ruka and Pinto(Bean).

138. Do you believe in soul mates? I hate this term with a burning passion....

139. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? In spite of sounding like an opinionated asshole online, I'm actually pretty much of a pushover. I hate that.

140. How long have you played Sunday Stealing? Looks like the first time I played was May 24, 2009, judging by a basic search of the blog using that box over in the sidebar.
(Editor's note: This meme was written by a twelve year old. Each week we've had to change a question or completely find another question. So, we changed “Have you ever kissed someone?” to “killed someone?” in hopes of asking the stupidest meme question of all time.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Imaginary Meme, Part Eight

141. What's the difference between Stealing and other memes that you do? I know that most of the readers of this meme expect snarky, silly answers, so I'm rarely worried about offending someone. Not that I haven't been wrong about that (and not that I care if I have, either).

142. Best cartoon show ever? Roadrunner? I dunno. I like Mighty Mouse too, even if the production values were abominable.

143. Does it matter to you if your significant other smokes? Yes.

144. Do you ever use your full name? Yes.

145. Do you get annoyed easily? Define "easily." Some days, no. Some days...yes. Last week I left work at noon and on the way to the car realized it was really quiet outside, except for birdsong and the wind. The main reason I noticed is that the morning had been chaotic and LOUD at work. In the library. {head-desk}

146. Indecent proposal: Would you sleep with an attractive billionaire for millions of $? This is so unlikely to be a question I'll be forced to answer in real life that I can honestly say, "No."

147. Where do you draw the line? Usually right above the publication date in the call number.

148. Have you ever been on a road trip? Nope. I've never, ever, left the cave I live in. Hello--YES, of course!

149. What’s your favorite drink? DDP. Vodka tonic.

150. Which is better, amazing eyes or an amazing smile? Why? Smile. As in amazingly well-used.

151. What was your first thought this morning? "FUCK!" (see above re insomnia)

152. Have you ever wanted to go to sleep and not wake up? Yes.

153. Would you try to take over the world? Nope. Seems like too much work.

154. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? I'm 48+ years old. I've been married 26 years. Spare me the romance, please.

155. Have you ever been asked to do something disgusting? Yes. It's called parenthood.

156. How much cash do you have right now? Right now I have nothing on me--no pockets. There's probably about $75 in my wallet, which isn't actually even in the house right now.

157. Tell us something totally random about yourself. Sparky and I just discovered this afternoon that we each have a freckle on exactly the same spot on the backs of our right hands.

158. What really turns you off? Assholes.

159. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? Only blind people.

160. You’re having a bad day. Who do you want to talk to? No one.

161. Have you ever studied the Bible? Yes. Continuously.

162. What really turns you off? Still the assholes.

163. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? I'd like to get my photographs sorted out.

164. Name one celebrity you hate, and why. I don't really hate any of them, but I find Paris Hilton very puzzling.

165. What’s your favorite store? Anything that will sell me shit ONLINE!

166. What's one goal you’d like to achieve this year? It ain't gonna be the photographs! I'd like to replace our bed and get rid of some of the shit in our basement.

167. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? The fact that they are male.

168. Who is your oldest friend? How long have you known them? My oldest friend as in age? I guess that would be some people at church--and I think they're in their 80s. The friend I've known the longest is actually Sarah P, with whom I'm now connected again on Facebook. I met her when I was in kindergarten and she was in 1st or 2nd grade. [Of course, this doesn't include my imaginary friend(s)...}

169. Do you like photography? I like pretty pictures.

170. Pain or no gain? I prefer no gain, given the option.

171. What's something people say that you generally find annoying? "I know" when I'm trying to help them at work. Clearly, if you knew you wouldn't have asked for help, so stfu and listen!

172. How often do you change your myspace/facebook/etc profile? It's not a regularly scheduled thing. When I get tired of looking at my picture, I change it.

173. Do you ever cook? I'm not a fan, but I'm trying to do more of it after spending the last couple of years being the laziest woman on earth.

174. Have you ever been on a boat? Yes. Small boats--canoes, rowboats, etc.--scare me to the point of white-knuckling the gunwales. Large boats are fine, as long as I know where the life vests are and what the escape routes are.

175. What do you do most when you’re bored? This.

176. What is your favorite musical instrument? I like bagpipes. And bass guitar.

177. What’s your phone ringtone? It's specially set for groups. Friends get Pink's "Get This Party Started." Beast & Sparky get "The Sweetest Thing" by U2. Youth groupers get a TobyMac song ("Catchafire") and the rest of my family gets the Intro to Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto. Everyone else gets the default.

178. Have you ever been in a movie? (Either amateur of professional.) I was an extra in "Major League" though I have no idea if they actually used any of the shots I was in.

179. Describe your life currently in five words. Lost among the shifting sands.

180. Where did you last fly to and why? My last trip was home from overseas 14 months ago. I think.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Imaginary Meme, Last Part

181. What's the BEST rock band that you have seen live? U2. No contest. The 360 tour was great. The Vertigo tour was almost as a good, but their opening act (Kings of Leon before they were anyone) was simply awful.

182. Could you imag[ine] being in a situation where you would run from the police? Yes, I can, because I've read a lot of books in which people run from the police. And also, I went to the U.S.S.R. and the police there were terrifying.

183. Have you ever been asked for an autograph? Yes. Once. For someone else.

184. What would you change about your living room? We need a new couch. And I would like to figure out a different arrangement of furniture.

185. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? I try to use glass. I finally have glasses that I really like, and they're sturdy, so I use 'em.

186. Last hug? Jettamafwa after lunch.

187. Have you ever had to make up your mind? Nope. I haven't. However, since I enjoy dithering, it all works out.

188. What is on top of your refrigerator? The box from a bottle of Dom Perignon we drank on Beast's & my 40th birthday trip, and a cup with dry-erase pens in it.

189. Did it work out for you in terms of kids? (Meaning how did it work out & are you happy. In other words, from “Have none, wanted none” to “8 kids & 3 grandkids) I wouldn't change anything about our kid situation, for innumerable reasons.

190. Are you afraid of the dark? Nope.

191. What if you had three wishes – what would you wish for? I have a very Protestant view of wishes; they kind of scare me, because I haven't earned them. So I'd probably not use 'em.

192. Do you feel sad often? Yes.

193. Have you ever been in lust for an extended period of time? Yes. Wait, isn't this also know as adolescence?

194. Do you shower daily? Yes.

195. Have you ever prank called someone? Yes.

196. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? YES!

197. You are about to die. What do you do with your worldly possessions? "Hey Sparky, have fun with all this shit!"

198. Tell us about the first time that you bought a car. Beast's Pinto gave up the ghost after we'd been married about a year. Since that was our only car, we were pretty desperate for wheels and ended up with Monza we bought from a teenager. It was awful, but it kept us for two years.

199. What is your favorite type of music? The good kind.

200. What’s your family like? About as crazy as everyone else's, near as I can tell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Movie Time Meme

1. What is your all-time favorite movie costume? Uhm...? Planet of the Apes? Really, I do not spend a lot of time thinking about costumes in movies, sorry.

2. What classic film would you nominate for a remake? None of them. Have an original idea, Hollywood!

3. Name your favorite femme fatale. I guess that might be Angelina.

4. Name the best movie title. See my comments re costumes.

5. Describe the worst performance by a child actor that you’ve ever seen. Having attended several local theater productions and dozens of Christmas programs over the years, I've seen a lot of bad acting by children. I can't really pick one horrific one--I think I've intentionally blanked them out.

6. Who gets your vote for most tragic movie monster? The Elephant Man.

7. What is the one Western that you would recommend to anybody? Not a big fan of westerns, but Clint Eastwood's--literally, ANY of them--are usually quite fun, if not particularly good.

8. Who is your ideal movie-viewing partner? Myself.

9. Has a film ever made you want to change your life? If so, what was the film? I think seeing certain films has changed my outlook on life and our purpose here, but I can't think of one in particular.

10. Think of one performer that you truly love. Now think of one scene/movie/performance of theirs that is too uncomfortable for you to watch. There's a scene in "Heathers" with Christian Slater when his character has gone completely off his wheels that's really scary and hard to watch. It's not bad, it's so GOOD that it's horrible.

11. On the flip side, think of one really good scene/performance/movie from a performer that you truly loathe. "Risky Business." The whole movie. At the time I didn't loathe Tom Cruise, but I sure don't like him now.

12. What is your favorite romantic comedy? "Two Weeks' Notice"

13. What is your favorite drama? I liked "Braveheart."

14. Worst film you've seen? "Snow Dogs."

15. How do you feel about the majority of romantic films being labeled "chick flicks"? Demeaning. This chick doesn't really like 'em.

16. Favorite on-screen couple? Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock in "Speed."

17. Favorite off-screen couple? Paul Newman and Joanna Woodword.

18. Best kiss in a movie? Probably the one in "Ghost."

19. Favorite scene? I love the scene in "Pretty Woman" with Julia in the bathtub singing along with her Walkman.

20. Who are 2 film characters you wished had gotten together, but never did? The characters played by Susan Sarandon and Harvey Keitel in "Thelma and Louise."

21. Two actors you think would have great chemistry, but have never done a film together? Humphrey Bogart and Clint Eastwood.

22. Favorite song in a film (doesn't have to be from a musical)? There is no way I can pick one. Musicals are one of my favorite movie genres!

23. Best score from a film? Gotta be the first "Star Wars" one, from 1977.

24. Best film quote? Pretty much a toss-up between these three (first two from "Heathers" and the last from "Risky Business"):
1. What is your damage, Heather?
2. Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Teresa?
3. Please Joel ... just get off the babysitter.

25. A film you'd recommend that is a "Must See" for us to watch? Rocky Horror Picture Show. In a theater with people who've been there before.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I totally agree with RHPS with an avid audience. That changed everything about the movie. Gah, I was so young!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.