Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Moves Like Jagger

1. Who makes the best moves in your life?
I'm just happy at this point that Beast can actually move at all again!
2. Tell us about a time where you had to be selfish with your time, and felt guilty about it (whether it was time taken from your children or a significant other.
This summarizes motherhood, especially when mom is working outside the house. Many, many times I needed to be two places at once. Let's see: Sparky's first day of school, when his idiotic teacher told him to walk home even though he was supposed to take the daycare van. He ended up sitting outside our empty, locked house till the van found him.
3. Do you feel that you can create more sex appeal or that it's just a given?
Me?? ha ha ha In general I think people are sexiest when they aren't trying too hard to be sexy.
4. Do your religious beliefs really influence your behavior?
I should hope so!!
5. Do you feel there are some things in a significant other that you can't change because of their sex?
I think men are either built or are socialized not to communicate the same was as women. It's a problem. We're working on it.
6. Do you see a younger less secure person when you gaze in the mirror?
No, I see me.
7. If you have ever been pregnant, or have been with a woman who was, how did [a]ffect your sex life?
Well, aside from the last few weeks--i.e., the "hippo phase"--it didn't much.
8. What would you like to work on to become a better person?
I would like to have more push to get things done without having to have a deadline. Mostly in personal stuff, not work-related things.
9. When did you think that you understood the sacrifices that people in the military make on behalf of their country?
I was about 8 when we left Saigon. There was a POW released about that time and a very famous photo of his arrival back in the States shows his family running toward him on the tarmac of the airport. I'm pretty sure that was the first news story I read start to finish. I couldn't imaging living without my dad at that point in my life. And after I read the article, I realized a lot of kids my age were doing just that...forever. Which made me think about the fact that my dad was in the Army Air Corps in WWII, and had he not survived, I wouldn't even exist...it was pretty meta for a kid.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Poignant moment for #9!

I am Harriet said...

I think we'll be working on it for a long long time....


Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/07/break-my-meme-addiction-at-the-moment/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Love the Saigon story. You ARE well traveled... :)

Cat. said...

Thanks, Bud, but to clarify: I was NOT in Saigon--I was speaking only as "we" = "the USA" at the end of Vietnam. Never been to Southeast Asia.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.