Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Imaginary Meme, Part Three

41. Growing up, who was the easier mark: Mom or Dad?
Dad, totally; his currency was guilt while Mom's was yelling and/or spanking.
42. What is the stupidest pet that you ever saw?
I've never really understood why people want ferrets; they smell weird. And I do NOT get fish as pets. We have had a large fish tank at work for 12 years; I still don't get the attraction.
43. Tell us about a band whose every CD is a "must have."
I don't think there's one that every single person should own but IMHO everyone should have listened to Sgt. Pepper at least once.
44. Where you surprised when Jim Parsons came out?
Who? What? Do I care if/when someone "comes out"? Only if it's someone in my family, and then only because it would be a relief to have it out in the open.
45. Have you ever shoplifted?
They're way too heavy for me....
46. We currently have a person who plays both this meme and Saturday 9 who signs in to Mr. Linky every week. Yet, if you click on that link, you are told that only "members" can read the blog. Why do you think that person even bothers to sign in or for that matter, do the meme? (Don't misunderstand, we have no rules and we aren't angry. But it is damn peculiar, no?)
I'd guess they don't realize they have that setting flipped that way, or they haven't thought it through. I think "peculiar" is being kind though; I'd say that whoever this is is just really fuckin' dumb.
47. Have you ever driven a Ferrari?
No. But I got the shirt anyway, although mine has a zip front rather than buttons.
48. What do you call those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces?
They're aglets. Never ask a librarian a trivia question....
49. Have you ever walked more than a mile?
Of course. At one time even. I used to hike around the mountains for a full day, for Pete's sake! Even last year in Italy and England, I walked miles every day.
50. Do you believe in magic?
"...in a young girl's heart"?
I believe in magic tricks, but not controlled magical occurrences.
51. Have you ever been arrested?
I've gotten two traffic tickets, so yes.
52. Have you ever skinny dipped?
Nope. Can't swim, so the whole thing seems a bit dubious to me.
53. Explain what you think about hippies.
I don't, if I can help it. Seriously, the only true hippies who are left are somewhere between 60 and 75 years old. That's terrifying.
54. New York or California?
For what? California has better wine, weather, and accents, New York has better Revolutionary War sites and trees.
55. Have you ever been dumped?
Nope. Unless we're talking about friends (not dates).
56. What are you wearing right now?
SoulSeed T (ecru, white and yellow), gray short yoga pants, underwear, rings, earrings, nail polish, and hair gel.
57. John Edwards had a mistrial. How do you think he conducted himself after the verdict?
lol...I thought that said "John Edwards had a minstrel"!! I think I need either a nap or new glasses. John Edwards' life and mine have no lines of intersection, so I don't really much care; he's irrelevant to me.
58. Did you watch the series finale of House?
I have not watched one scene of that show. It just does not appeal.
59. You may need to go back a long way if you are old like Harriet. Who was the last person who asked you out? (Or that asked you out. Same dumb question either way.)
No, a person isn't a "that", so they are different questions. And well, if we're talking dates, that would be Beast. Out shopping or for a platonic day out, probably Amy.
60. Do you have any collections?
Innumerable. We're now naming all our dust-bunnies, for instance.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.