Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Our House

1. I read that Bud Weiser & Kathy moved into their new house! When was the last time you moved? Where to?
Dang, it didn't make the local rag here; this is why I hate the papers around here! lol I last moved house in 2003 into this here location. I hope never to have to move again; I love this house too much, and I have WAY too much cleaning and throwing-away-of-things to do before I can do that.
2. If they were making a Hall of Fame for the blogosphere, name a blogger or two who you think should make the list. Why?
I don't really believe in these sorts of things. I don't read any big name-brand blogs at all because I find them as boring as the newspapers. I have a few that I've read for years because I know and/or like the people who write them, and what they write about interests me. That doesn't mean they are the "best of the blogosphere" (shudder--that word!), but it means I like 'em a lot.
3. What are couple of funny things you remember your parents saying? (Like, “They're starving there in China, so finish what you've got.” - John Lennon) Do you say them to your kids?
"Keep looking. You'll find it in the last place you look." (I never heard that as obvious, just that things end up in the weirdest places when you don't keep them organized.) "Keep your shirt on!" (like I wouldn't??) "Eat your beans. They'll put hair on your chest." (Uh, thanks Dad, no.) "I'm not talking to hear my own voice!!" (Yeah, THAT one I use(d)!!)
Most of the time, I try NOT to use these sayings, except ironically, because I absolutely hear my parents' voices in my mouth when I say 'em.
4. What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
Being alive. At least four times over, that I'm aware of: being born at all (not going there, not here), surviving allergies (having had numerous major allergic reactions, I'm aware that a couple of them could have killed me had there been no appropriate medical intervention), surviving childbirth (women died in childbirth in situations like I was in, and so did their babies), abdominal surgery (any one of the problems that were addressed while the doctors were in there mucking about might have killed me by now).
And there are the almost-wrecks...the stupid decisions that worked out...etc.
5. What is it too late for?
More kids from this here bod.
6. What do you try to stay away from?
Stupid. I try like hell, but it keeps STALKING me, cracker-ass punk.
7. When you get into a disagreement or fight, how often are you the first to apologize?
Usually. Almost always. In fact, I have to make a point NOT to do so when it's not my fault that things blew up.
8. Tell us about a current issue that you’re unhappy with.
Oh, hell, where to start. I'm really annoyed with my boss, and I wish she'd just bloody well leave so we can hire someone who actually WORKS for a living and leaves the rest of us the fook alone to do our jobs the way we've always managed to do without being asked, daily (or more often), "Anything you need? Anything I can do for you? How are things going?" Just fuck . right . off . woman!
9. How often do you update your blog/site and why?
This one I update almost daily because of the memes. The daily one, I don't update more than once every couple of weeks because I don't have anything much to say about life that's not downright bitchy.

4 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Now I understand the no pic-no name thing. Your boss will NEVER find your blog... ;)

Cat. said...

Yes, indeedy. ;-)

NerdBliss said...

Oh, hands on management sucks. Set expectations and leave me alone until it's time to give me feedback.

Cat. said...

Y'know, I'd be a whole lot better about the situation if she pulled her weight. I mean, if you're doing a program, don't run around like a maniac telling the rest of the staff to do what you said you'd take care of.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.