Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The 99'er Meme: Part 1

1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
I don't use iTunes, but I'll give you the last six and the next six tunes on Jango.
Last six:
  1. I Want Candy (Bow Wow Wow)
  2. Zarartou (Cheb Mami)
  3. Mr. President (LL Cool J)
  4. Our Time Now (Plain White T's)
  5. Over My Head (The Summer Obsession)
  6. Shake It (Metro Station)
Next six:
  1. Wire (U2)
  2. Sitting on a Fence (The Housemartins)
  3. More Than This (Live) (Roxy Music)
  4. Castanets (Alejandro Escovedo)
  5. Chances Are (Sheryl Crow)
  6. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life (Alison Moyet)
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
I would love to meet Nelson Mandela.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
"[believ-]ing our encounter with the Divine to be the definitive one. In..." from The Evolution of Faith (Phillip Gulley), one of the six books equidistant from me.
4) What do you think about most?
I try hard not to think about much.
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
"Hmmmmm. Calzone please." from Beast about 3 hours ago.
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
I can't sleep naked, unless I'm really hot or really sick.
7) What's your strangest talent?
Alphabetizing at warp speed? Or, while waiting for a cop to show up, walking by a sign and noting that the handwritten part says "Welome" instead of "Welcome."
8) Women.... (finish the sentence); Men.... (finish the sentence)
Women need to man up; men need to turn down the macho.
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Yes. Embarrassing. I have made it a practice never to date or hang around poets or lyricists since then.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
I've hired that out: Sparky takes care of that for me. So, yeah, about ten years. ;-)
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
I'm said this a million times: all my fears make perfect sense. To me.
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
I don't think so. Except Kleenex. And a nasopharyngeal tube...well, a doctor did that... medications.... yeah, nothing that shouldn't have gone there, for sure.
13) What's your religion?
I'm an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. Impressed? Don't be. Not for that. In all seriousness, I like PCUSA polity because it makes more sense than other options in running life inside a church.
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Walking to or from my car. This time of year, it will be done as quickly as safely possible.
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
BE. HIND.
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
U2.
17) What was the last lie you told?
I can't think of one. Maybe that I "had" to bug outta church before the service ended this morning. I could've probably stayed and helped put the bells away, etc., but I was worried about Beast and about getting to work on time.
18) Do you believe in karma?
Not. As. Such. If you go over to the right-hand column and search for "believe karma" you can see how I've answered this question a kabillion other times.
19) What does your URL mean?
Really? You must ask this? How long have you been using the internet?
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Greatest weakness: I tend toward a short fuse and not suffering fools gladly. Greatest strength: I laugh inappropriately. For instance, today I was called "the b-word" and "rude-ass" and nearly cracked up at the absurdity of an adult saying "the b-word" instead of just saying "bitch" and the fact that this guy was so far past rude on the Rudeness Scale but calling ME rude-ass.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
Still crushing on William Petersen. And George Eads.
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
Nope. Can't swim, so I don't even go non-skinny-dipping.
23) How do you vent your anger?
There is yelling, there is crying, there is blood rushing to my face (and if things are really bad, rushing OUT of my face), I see red.... Honestly, all of these things will happen given enough provocation, but not necessarily in the order listed.
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
S&Ps. And dust.
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
Talking on the phone without video. Sparky moves around too much for me to be really comfortable Skyping with him; it causes motion-sickness if I watch him too closely.

2 sweet-talkers :

Jack and Jill said...

Anyone who knows the word "equidistant" and can use it properly is worth following in our book!

Your answer to #9 is relatable to Jack, who has never had a poem written about him either, and isn't sure he'd want one.

U2 is awesome!

Kwizgiver said...

#20 made me chuckle. Even students will say "bitch" instead of "b-word".

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.