Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six Word Saturday

(Link in meme-roll)

Work today sucked giant donkey balls

I haven't come home from work and gone straight up to bed with a headache in years. I did that today.

Let's see: the phones didn't get switched off the night machine till 10:15, then we couldn't get a dial tone to dial out (although we could actually call out so I'm not sure why we needed to hear a dial tone today--wait till Monday to get it sorted? Nope, gotta be done today!!). Of course the person making the most noise about getting it fixed was her usual eminently useless self, and I ended up in the computer room resetting the phones: turn servers off, count to 10, turn them back on. W00t: dial tone.

Meanwhile the boss called to see if the phones were fixed (NOT YET--I'm at Reference and if I could GET to the BASEMENT I'd get it HANDLED, but people keep needing help, and calling with stupid QUESTIONS like this one!) except she started her conversation with me by asking about Spanish language storytimes. Which, hello!, I don't DO, so I actually cut her off and asked her to call back when I wasn't running in 12 directions.

Then, the credit card website we use wouldn't work. Fortunately, I guess, I have intentionally made myself NOT aware of anything to do with it, so I couldn't help. But I also couldn't stop myself from trying a couple of fixes.

And, there was the usual goofiness at the Reference Desk, none of which was as bad as usual, but today ended up being irritating in the extreme anyway. Like, yeah, we use Firefox on our public internet terminals and some websites only work properly with IE...which is SO F'IN DUMB.

Coming home and going to bed wasn't all that helpful, but when I came back downstairs Beast did a quick shoulder rub that was so painfully good that my back finally relaxed enough to let go of my skull muscles and calm the headache pain a little. That, plus two ibuprofen seem to have fixed me up. There will be a long, hot bath in my future, which (I hope) takes care of the remnants.

1 sweet-talkers :

Anonymous said...

Well, at least nobody died, nobody committed to the psych ward, nobody disposessed. There's that. Sorry about your headache, though. Feel better soon.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.