Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Blue Memory Meme, Part Two

26) Are you happy with the person you've become? Hmm. I've never thought about it. I guess, in general, yes, though there is plenty of room still for growth!

27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love? Hate: "I'm fine" when clearly it's a lie. Love: happy babies.

28) What's your biggest "what if"? I don't really dwell on these sorts of things. I mean, there's nothing to be done for it now, right?

29) Do you believe in ghosts? In a way. Not the Hollywood, or the horror movie version of ghosts, but I do thing there might be some essential 'something' that hangs around once in awhile.

30) How about aliens? I think there are some living next door. They're super nice.

31) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? Going far away from home to college.

32) What's the worst place you have ever been to? Wow. Well...Rock Springs, WY, isn't great; in fact, much of WY isn't my favorite place. I didn't much like Houston. Parts of Mexico City were dicey.
OH! West York, PA, was not particularly fun to drive through...kind of reminded me of the bombed-out part of the south side of Chicago we drove through by accident many years ago.

33) Can insanity bring on more creativity? No, I think insanity is insanity. However, insanity, like everything else, has lots of different expressions, some of which are prettier than others.

34) Most attractive actor of your opposite gender? From a purely physical point of view, I think Brad Pitt is pretty close to perfect.

35) To you, what is the meaning of life? "You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." (Albert Camus) or perhaps "Life has meaning only if one barters it day by day for something other than itself." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

36) Define "Art." Art? He owes me money!
Or, a guy with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall.
OK, in all seriousness, for me, art is something created by humans that speaks to the souls of the viewers. 'Course, it may speak of anything, not just beauty.

37) Do you believe in luck? I believe in provident occurrences.

38) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? Honesty, patience, forgiveness, and laughter.

39) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Great, now I have "If you're happy and you know it..." stuck in my head! Thanks for that.
"Grace Kelly" by Mika makes me smile.

40) Where were you yesterday? Mostly, here. I went in to work for a few hours to make up for some time I missed on Friday, but otherwise I was here.

41) What's the worst injury you've ever had? I don't think I've ever been seriously injured--broken bones, accidents, falls, etc.--but I've had a couple of memorable ER visits caused by illness or my body fuh-LIPping out.

42) Do you have any obsessions right now? Getting the Christmas shopping done, I guess.

43) What's up? Ceiling. Light fixture/fan. Our bedroom. Another light fixture/fan. Attic. Roof. Sky.

44) Ever had a rumor spread about you? Probably. I suspect in high school, the only actual rumors about me were about how much of a grind I was. Since then, I haven't spent a lot of energy worrying about rumors. This is why I will never run for any political office.

45) Do you believe in real magic? I only believe in fake magic.

46) Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? I find it hard to forgive sometimes, yes. And it's the most RANDOM stuff that trips me up. I'm still pissed off, for instance, about stuff other kids did to Sparky in 5th grade, for heaven's sake; that's 8 years ago.

47) What's your favorite (non-pet) animal? Wolf.

48) What is your secret weapon to get people to like you? It's probably got something to do with being secure enough to allow people NOT to like me. Plus, I'm occasionally pretty funny.

49) Where is your best friend? I would presume to suggest that they are all watching football in some way or another this very moment.

50) What do you think is Satan's last name? If you know anything about Hebrew, you would know that this is a bit like asking what the last name of "chair" is.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

#43= Cat is a smartass.

Cat. said...

Yup, I'm sure you'd have to apply some classroom discipline; I've been overly snarky for weeks now. ;-)

Mind Of Mine said...

I really enjoyed the answers, thank you.

Feel free to swing by Mind Of Mine and check out some of my answers..

http://ianjosephbrook.blogspot.com/2011/12/belated-sunday-stealing-meme.html

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.