Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Sam's Last Stand: 2011

1. Over all, how do you feel about what happened in your life in 2011?
The first few months weren't horrible, but once we got back from our anniversary trip, everything hit the skids: family funeral, family illness, family hospitalization, family funeral, chaotic work (two employees left, one position was filled...yes the fun continues with New Boss), Sparky at college, and I just found out today that my niece miscarried a baby this week.
2. Do you do New Year's resolutions? If so, what are they this year?
Nope, you won't catch me doing this.
3. In the past 24 hours, I have reconnected with 3 old friends that I've not spoken to in years. If you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why?
There are some people from college I'd like to chat with. And some of my former teachers, but I'm afraid a few of the latter might be dead.
4. Do you have anything that you would have not done or done differently in 2011 as you look back?
Yeah, but it does bear discussing since nothing can be changed now. I'll do better in the future. I hope.
5. Going back to my ex-friends that I reconnected with, one of them ended over a boyfriend. She called to apologize. Do you have someone that you fell out with you and wonder how they are?
Yup. I've reconnected with my college roommate on Facebook, with whom I stopped communicating because 15 years ago she and her husband had the same email address and he forwarded all kinds of bullshit and when I finally had had enough and told him to stop assuming I agreed with any of his politics...and I stopped hearing anything from them (her) at all, except at Christmas. She used to have a brain, used to be logical and scientific; now she's a dutiful wife who does what her husband says, homeschools their kids, and worships at the sort of church she found hateful as a college student. WTF? Anyway, I'm hoping I can get over all that; it's been nice just talking to HER now on Facebook.
6. If you had a chance to reconnect with an ex (say for coffee), who would it be, and why?
Nope. Sorry. Not at all interested. Not even on Facebook.
7. One of resolutions is about weight-loss. Have you ever struggled with your diet?
For the last 10-15 years. I've kind of given up, to be honest. Other, bigger, priorities.
8. What do you think was the top news story of 2011?
I hope it turns out to be the end of the war in Iraq.
9. What are your plans for (New Year's Eve) tonight?
It looks as though we're going to do our usual fondue thing for dinner. Then, I guess we'll stay up till midnight. Whee, eh?

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I found the story of you and your roommate interesting and poignant. Have a Happy and slendid New Year, my friend... :)

I am Harriet said...

Funny how marriage, kids and time can do that to people.

Happy New Year!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/is-santa-claus-fat-and-jolly/

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.