Saturday, December 24, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. What is your favorite Christmas memory: where did you spend that Christmas and how old were you (or when was it)?
I've had a lot of good Christmases. My favorite funny Christmas memory is that the first year Beast and I were married and living in a tiny apartment I didn't get any reading material as a gift. There was, literally, nothing in the apartment to read except textbooks and boring stuff, so we had to go to Walgreen's--the only store that was open--and buy a cheap paperback for me to read.
2. Of the Christmas decorations you put up each year, which single one means the most to you and why is it so special?
I have a very old elf that was my mom's; it is at least 80 years old and very fragile, but its arms and legs are articulated and nothing is broken.
3. What food or drink that you only really consume during the Christmas season is your favorite and why?
Egg-nog. Mostly because it's only around for a couple of months.
4. If you could bring back any deceased relative to spend one Christmas with, who would you pick and why?
My sister Ellen. I've got Ghost Whisperer on, and I just had a 10-minute sobfest about one of the episodes that reminded me of Ellen. I miss her. How can I miss her so much, still, after 17 years? Damn.
5. What is the greatest single Christmas present you remember receiving and why did it mean so much to you?
The Barbie Dream House, hands-down. Man, I used that thing up!
6. What was the worst Christmas present you ever remember receiving and what was so bad about it?
I've gotten some weird stuff over the years from Sparky as he works out how to give appropriate presents. I can't think of anything particularly specific.

3 sweet-talkers :

Mind Of Mine said...

Really excellent post. I am sorry to learn about your sister.

I hope you create some new memories this year, great ones.

Mind of Mine.
http://ianjosephbrook.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-meme.html

C. J. Smith said...

Oh, man! I always wanted a Barbie Dreamhouse! You were lucky! :)

amy said...

Big hugs.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.