Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
13 Things I Don't Want For My Birthday
  1. Books. I know, I know; it's just that I've got about a million to read already.
  2. Soap, lotion, perfume, shampoo. Overstocked on those too.
  3. Healthy food. Or, really, any food. I already eat way too much.
  4. Anything that involves someone arriving to sing, strip, or deliver a message in any way.
  5. Opera tickets. No. Thanks, but.... No.
  6. Cheap, ticky-tacky decor (or "decor"). Unless you're my son, although only because he's a putz and I will take just about anything from him this last time. Next year, he has got to get his act together. Frankly, I'll be stunned to get a card from him.
  7. Phone calls, unless you're in my contact list on my phone, and not family. No, I do not want to talk to my family. Sue me.
  8. Sports paraphernalia, as in balls, yoga clothes, weights, gym memberships, etc.
  9. Magazine subscriptions. See #1 above.
  10. Unless you're very good at it, and I've expressed admiration for your work, I don't want anything handmade. This includes anything from my son. I'm not one of 'those' moms who keeps ugly shit around because "my baby made it for me." I'm much less likely to keep ugly shit around because someone else made it.
  11. A cold or flu bug.
  12. Anything that needs care beyond occasional dusting. No animals, no plants, no surprise week-long visits from people I haven't seen in 20 years.
  13. Anything pink and/or frilly and/or lacy and/or floral.
Please note that this leaves an AWFUL lot of stuff on the table. Also note that this list took me over 45 minutes to create--it's not exactly easy to say no to things!

2 sweet-talkers :

Anonymous said...

love this list - and I totally agree! I can't tell you how often I beg my mother to stop buying me nic nac stuff - just because I liked unicorns when I was 16, now that I'm 56 doesn't mean I want a house full of cheap unicorns I have to dust! lol
happy thurs 13 (a little late), Lady Rose (blissfulmoon.com)

Kwizgiver said...

Thankfully, I do not live in a region where #4 happens. But I'm totally with you on it. And most of the rest of the list, too. Although I would never turn down a book or magazine.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.