Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
How Long

1. Have your [sic] discovered a betrayal? If so, did you ask, "How long has THIS been going on?"
I've asked Sparky that a number of times over the years. I've asked something similar to that at work--"When did we start doing THAT?"--lots too, though not recently; that is more like to be, "Oh, I didn't know about that procedure" nowadays. I don't remember feeling betrayed, and honestly, I'm not exactly sure this would be a primary question for me if I WERE betrayed.
2. What is the longest line you've ever stood in? Would you do it again?
Anything theme-park related, or at an airport. Those are the only places I will willingly stand in line for very long. And the theme-park thing? Yeah, haven't been to one in at least 10 years. The stupidest lines I ever stood in were on the trip to Russia in '85, at GUM: stand in line to point at what you want to buy, get a receipt, stand in another line to pay for what you want to buy, get another receipt, go back and stand in line to get the merchandise you have paid for. Yes. Three lines to buy a $2 notebook. Or a skirt. Or food. This, THIS, is why the Soviet Union fell!
3. Someone has hung a sign around your neck, and you have to wear it all day long. What does it say?
This is how I feel about my name-tag at work, honestly. But if that doesn't count, I'll go with "I'm not your Mom."
4. As the Christmas season approaches, what song is it that you just can't wait to hear?
Heh. I would love to hear Patti Smith's version of "We Three Kings" on the radio, or in a mall. But it won't happen: no one would buy anything while listening to that. [Just to be clear, I actually love this song.]
5. What Christmas song do you dread to hear?
The 12 Days.... argh. And really, almost any of the other secular ones. Just STOP! However, I do appreciate the Bob Rivers remake of that song.
6. How often do you read the last chapter of a book first?
Never!! I had a friend in high school who always read the last page first, but the whole last chapter??? Why bother reading the book in the first place? I don't even read the last article or page in a magazine first!
7. Do you have a favorite movie that you just love to see each year during the holidays?
Nope. This is not a "thing" for me. It is for Beast. I usually make myself scares during the obligatory Charlie Brown/Rudolph/Grinch/whatever nostalgia-fest. And, by the way, can someone explain why The Sound of Music is now a "Christmas movie"?
8. Do you enjoy winter in the area that you live?
"Enjoy" isn't really the word. I appreciate it in the sense that it makes the rest of the year more precious.
9. At holiday I think we all show more kindness. In your opinion, is this a "concept" that has value (like money or other tangible things) or does it exist as simply emotion? Why?
It is tangible anything what you feel turns into something you DO. Feeling great about Christmas is fabulous, but if you treat people shitty, it has the exact opposite effect for those around you. I'd rather have a smile-filled month of December than a bunch of presents under the tree, to be honest.

1 sweet-talkers :

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever really been betrayed either. But I tend to agree, that probably wouldn't be my main question either.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.