Thursday, October 6, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
Going on a road trip and through the self checkout lane

1) The Thought Catalog has posted "7 Reasons Why You Should Go On A Road Trip." If you could go on a road trip today, where would you go and who would go with you?
I would drive directly to the nearest mountains, find a remote but well-stocked cabin, and hunker down.
However, instead, tomorrow I'm driving an hour north to my alma mater--and Sparky's current educational establishment--for our 25th reunion in the evening and the homecoming tailgate and football game on Saturday. Whee.
2) Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died this week, leaving behind a legacy of valuable technological contributions. What type of legacy do you hope to leave after you die?
Ironically, FIL's nickname for Sparky was "The Legacy." I'd be ok if that was the only legacy I left.
3) When you’re shopping at a store that includes a self checkout system, do you use the self checkout registers or go through a traditional register being manned by a cashier?
Hell, yeah. The grocery store people around here are either beyond snotty or dumb as posts. I'm faster than everyone at Wal-Mart (which doesn't have self-check lanes), and the other 'normal' grocery stores...yeah. I'll do my own, thanks.
4) What is the title of a self-help book that you'd never want to see on a store bookshelf?
How to Annoy Your Local Librarian
5) Can there ever be too much white at a wedding?
The dress alone is too much white for me; I'm not a fan of white clothing in general. Especially shiny white, which applies to most wedding dresses.
Also, since this is timely: congratulations, Ham and Kate, and bon voyage on your life together!
6) If you could spend a year with any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Laura Ingalls Wilder. Except I'm sure I wouldn't measure up.
7) CMT is premiering a new show this weekend titled "Top Secret Recipe," on which best-selling cookbook author Todd Wilbur will attempt to duplicate many dishes from famous restaurants. What is one food item you wish you could easily duplicate at home instead of buy at a restaurant?
Why the HELL would I want to make something at home that I can BUY??
8) Is there anyone that sends you text messages and makes you smile instantly?
Most of the people who text me make me smile instantly at least occasionally.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.