Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Mrs. Potter's Lullaby

1. Adam Duritz (writer and lead sing of Counting Crows) mentions previous girlfriends in songs. In Mrs. Potter's Lullaby he sings “There a little piece of Maria in every song I sing”. Is there a piece of an ex that will always be a part of you?
There's a little piece of everyone who has been important in my life inside of me. Which, when you think about it, is sorta creepy: all those pieces are missing from those people? What? Wait. Am I missing pieces too?! That explains a great deal about my memory.
2. Who was your very first significant friend?
There was a boy down the block that I really liked when I was pre-Kindergarten; I don't remember his name, but I do remember "knowing" that I was going to marry another boy from across the street, named Chris.
3. What are four (4) things you hope to do this weekend?
Meme (check), laundry (in processing), enjoy Sparky's Fall Break (in processing), catch up on some projects (not even started).
4. What do you consider to be the main purpose of your blog?
This one is memes. I have a book blog where I track what I've read. I have a travel blog where I blog the diaries I write on 'big' vacations. I have a blog where I mostly just blabber on whatever. There are a few others out there too, along with at least two dead blogs.
5. Tell us something that you've never before written about in your blog because it's too personal.
heh, not. In case you haven't noticed, I blog about almost anything. So, if I haven't blogged about it yet, I'm unlikely to go there now.
6. If you could choose your doctor, do you prefer someone of the same or opposite sex?
I prefer a well-educated doctor who listens to me and does the right thing for and with me. Gender doesn't really enter into it.
7. If you could dream about anything tonight, what would the subject matter be?
Honestly, I have had the weirdest dreams over the past 8 months; I'd prefer NOT to dream at all, or at least I'd prefer not to remember whatever dreams I do have.
8. How do you react to practical jokes when they're played on you?
If they are mean-spirited at all, I get angry. My brother teased me incessantly when I was little, so I don't react well to that sort of thing at all. Practicial jokes that are just silly...those I deal with, though I don't like them particularly.
9. What's on your agenda after this weekend for the upcoming week?
Uhm, I need to make an eye doctor appointment. And...yeah, I have no other big plans besides trying to excavate down to the tops of tables, floors, and other flat surfaces. Looks like Beast may be gone another couple of days too, though that's still in flux. Maybe I'll write some cards for him thanking people. We'll see.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Maybe the pieces of you are filled with the pieces you get from others?

Hope you have a great visit with Sparky!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Diana said on her blog that practical jokes was a form of bullying. I thought "What clarity". It was a zen moment for me...

Cat. said...

KW: Ah, well, that makes a great deal of sense!

Bud: Yes, I agree. Certainly it's passive-aggressiveness in its purest form.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.