Friday, August 12, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
Bert & Ernie may be left-handed but they're not gay

1) Today (Aug. 12) is National Middle Child's Day. What is your placement in your family's birth order?
I am unequivocally the baby. But because I was so long after the other kids (10 years between me and my bro), I'm also almost an only.
2) Tomorrow (Aug. 13) is International Left-handers' Day. Are you right-handed, left-handed or ambidextrous?
Right-handed. My left arm is pretty much there only for balance (and today, to cause me great pain in my back...sigh).
3) Are there any weird combinations of food that you love to consume -- like a hamburger made with a sliced doughnut instead of a bun (or something a little less odd than that)?
I like potato chips, the ripply kind, on a white bread and American cheese (and butter) sandwich. It's actually about the only way I do like potato chips.
4) After a petition for Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie to get married grew to more than 5,000 signatures, Sesame Street has come out and said Bert and Ernie aren't gay and won't be getting married. Have you ever wanted two fictional characters of the same sex to become lovers?
No, I can't say as I have. And Bert & Ernie aren't gay. Jeez, people, get a freakin' life. It's a TV show, not real life. Sesame Street muppets are asexual anyway.
5) What is a common misconception people have about you?
That I'm quiet, kind, and organized. STEE-RIKE, YER OUT!
6) Tomorrow (Aug. 13) is National Garage Sale Day. Have you ever seen anything weird for sale at a garage/yard/rummage sale?
That's usually ALL I see at garage sales! That's also why I stopped attending them.
7) Do you have any extreme hobbies (sky diving, bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, etc.)?
I've always wanted to go sky-diving or bungee-jumping. I'm afraid that ship has sailed, however.
8) Today is National Kool-Aid Day. Do you like to drink Kool-Aid or another child-oriented drink?
No, thank you; way too sweet, even for me! I used to eat the pre-sugared mix out of the can as a kid though. (see #3 above for why I felt the need to share this).
9) Korean researchers have supposedly determined that the lower the ratio between the length of a man's index finger and his ring finger, the larger his penis may be. (Read the article here if you so choose.) Would you ever be a participant in a study determining such intimate details about the human body?
I can't believe I just read this article. I will say that nowhere in there did it clearly state that these guys willingly participated in the study. I mean, really: how many guys are likely to be thrilled with a bunch of people standing around and measuring "when it had been stretched as much as possible." And how does one determine "as much as possible" anyway? Going to go wash my brain now....
10) Tomorrow there will be a full moon. Do you believe the superstition that weird things happen on the night of the full moon?
...brain has been scrubbed. The full moon absolutely causes people to act weird. I know scientists have studied this too and come to a different conclusion, but I'm pretty sure nothing at all was "stretched as much as possible." Great, I need to wash my brain again, now. {{shudder}}

1 sweet-talkers :

jennifer said...

One of my best friends always says she has to scrub her brain with "brain bleach" all the time when she reads things like that. You reminded me of her. :D

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.