Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
My Best Friend's Girl

1. Have you and a friend ever have an argument because you were attracted to the same person?
Not an argument per se, but I have a vivid memory of walking out of Mr. Gatti's Pizza to cry in the parking lot because L@ur@ was draping herself all over W@rren, with whom I was going through yet another period of lust-oration with at the time. We both knew perfectly well that he really only dated short blondes (which neither of us were), but he was (is) a tremendous flirt. Anyway, Ter! followed me outside eventually and talked me down and I went back in and joined the group after a time.
2. Who never returns your phone calls?
Uhm? I don't call that many people. I can't think of anyone who seems to purposefully avoid me. The only person I can think of, really, is the person in charge of the yearbooks at the Catholic high school in town; I never heard from her at all last year, so we're out two years' of their books at the library.
3. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My brother's Matchbox cars. Jacks. A jumprope. Perhaps all the books I read count?
4. Who is the last person you greeted at your door?
Three girls came by last night doing a scavenger hunt. They scammed got a red crayon, a toothpick, and a bottle top from us.
5. Would you change anything about your life right now?
Hell, yeah. Where to start? On the other hand, my life is really pretty good, so right at this particular moment I'll stay the course. Besides, there's that whole "devil you know" thing; I don't want to jump into the fire from the frying pan (to mix up metaphors thoroughly).
6. Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?
Depends on the topic. Beast, Jenny, Amy, even Sparky, given the right subject matter.
7. If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?
I would like to stipulate that I would be among the wealthy and powerful class, and male, for this adventure. And then I'll be headed to Rome c. 60-80 C.E.
8. What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?
In person, I guess it would be the buildup to the Pope's visit to Athens 10 years ago, the first time a Pope had been to Greece in a millennia (or something like that). While we were not aware that our visit was going to coincide with the Pope's, it was something to experience all the heightened emotion; we actually left town for the day of the visit since our hotel was quite near the location of (one of?) his appearances and we wanted nothing to do with the protests that had begun the night before. When we returned in the evening, we got to see buses full of people arrested at the demos being brought to the police station across the street from our hotel. It was NOT a particularly pleasant time to be viewed as Western, i.e., non-Orthodox.
9. What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?
Whenever you have your house in order--mentally, physically, financially, emotionally. I know people who've started families at 20 and others whose first child arrived at 40. I think if you're much past 50 you may be working on some kind of ego-boost trophy thing, which also could be said for having a child while still school-aged. However, I'm not sure anyone can possibly be 'ready' for the day when they become 100% responsible for the health and well-being of a needy, helpless being.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

A scavenger hunt--what fun! And a great answer to #9.

annies home said...

loved match box cars as well my grandmother had several that she kept for us we had loads of fun come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

GagayMD said...

dropping by from Saturday 9. hope you enjoy my entry this week! have a great week ahead!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.