Saturday, July 9, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. How much attention did you pay to the Casey Anthony trial?
Not much. I barely was aware of it, although it was pretty hard to avoid whenever I turned on the TV and there was a newsbreak.
2. How justified do you think people are in their outrage at the jury’s verdict?
I hope the people that are really bent out of shape really watched and paid attention to the trial and understand what happened and think the verdict is wrong based on the evidence presented. However, I'm pretty sure most are upset about it because of the way the media reported it, and they are only outraged about what they've been TOLD to be outraged about. Ahem.
3. How often do you watch shows like Nancy Grace, who focuses a great deal of attention on cases like this?
I've never watched her. She is the Ann Coulter of CNN as far as I'm concerned.
4. If you had been a juror in that case, would you have talked to the media right after the verdict was delivered?
Nope. I wouldn't talk to the media about this kind of case, not for a long time; I'd go home and see my family and sleep in my own bed and try to get my life back together.
5. If you were a juror and you were later offered money for an interview, how likely would you be willing to accept payment to appear on television to discuss the case?
I would NEVER take money from the media just for being lucky (?) enough to serve on a jury. The mere thought makes my skin crawl.
6. Would you support a law that would prohibit a juror from profiting from being on a jury in this manner? Why or why not?
I would. But then I'm a crank--or at least someone trying to be ethical--too, so that's probably not a surprise.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.