Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Things Starting with C
(haven't done this in a LONG time, and the last time I did--last November--I did B)
  1. Cumin. Had a little cooking 'situation' this evening. The lid of the cumin jar came off as I opened it to shake in 1/4 tsp. So I did a little skimming of the larger clumps and hoped for the best...and it all worked out. Tasted great, actually.
  2. Cooking. Yes, I made dinner from scratch tonight. I hope you didn't hit your head when you passed out from shock.
  3. College. Have I mentioned that Sparky starts in less than two months? Uh, yeah, no panic here, not at all. The good news: he's only an hour away so anything he forgets we can get to him fairly easily. If we choose to. ;-)
  4. Colleague. One of our best staff members, and the youngest degreed librarian, gave her notice last week. I don't blame her for wanting out, but I'm really, really sad. She is simply one of the most sensible, easiest-to-work with people, creative people I've ever met, age notwithstanding. And the main reason she's leaving is the untenable position our boss has put her in. Said leader doesn't seem to trust anyone under the age of 30. Sigh. We are losing a star, and I know that whoever replaces her is unlikely to measure up.
  5. Caught up. At work. I'm back to my original work cart after more than three months of having two FULL carts stacked at my desk. Now I can get to work on the boxes and boxes of books our local Borders donated to us when they went out of business in April. Be still my heart.
  6. Crabby. I was crabby today. I'm tired of the weird dreams I've been waking up to, and the massage I got yesterday left me bruised and sore everywhere. I think it helped my back, but my hip, face, chest and back muscles are so painful I'm not sure yet.
  7. COMMERCIAL! Time to clean up the dinner dishes!!
  8. Cactus. My massage person offered me cactus for my garden. I know where I'd put it, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle of planting it. I know I don't have enough appropriate clothing to wear to deal with cactus!
  9. Cut. I got a haircut Tuesday. And an argument about how short I may cut my hair, assuming I cut my hair next summer.
  10. Crap. It's a popular word around here, which around here lately is being pronounced "carp" by my son. It's confusing.
  11. Cell phone. Nuts, I just remembered that my niece IM'd me to tell me she left me a vm while I was at work. My phone doesn't work when I'm at my desk, and I never remembered to check. Guess I should go get my phone and listen to it.
  12. Connections. I spoke to a patron today whose wife has the same thing my sister had: M.S.A. We've been commiserating for years and now that it's definite that that is what Jean had (post-mortem brain examination proved it), and because it is relatively rare, it's good to have someone to talk to about it who doesn't get all goopy and freaked out.
  13. Clean. It's bath night!!

4 sweet-talkers :

Anonymous said...

Caught up, I want this one!

Happy TT,

~Xakara
13 Desserts

Anonymous said...

Cool

Cat. said...

xakara--it's a relative term, I assure you

rlavalette--nicely played! ;-)

Unknown said...

What a great list…I can relate to many of these…I just cooked, used cumin, am in college, and I still have not cleaned up the dinner dishes.
~Felicia Follum

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.