Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Rain

1. It's Spring, grilling begins! If you plan a picnic, do you bow out if it rains?
Nope, we just bring it inside, or into the garage at least. 'Course, that only works if the picnic is in our backyard; if it's not, then I just hope for a tent. [And why, WHY, when I type "picnic" am I hearing Yogi Bear in my head...? lol]
2. Do you prefer food grilled on a charcoal or gas grill?
Gas. It's cleaner. I'm not a fan of lighter-fluid-and-charcoal overtones.
3. We're at the first grilling picnic. What's your meat order?
Cheesy brat.
4. What side dishes do you want?
Mom's potato salad, pork and beans, and some carrots.
5. Now, where do prefer to eat: at the picnic table or inside?
I'll pull up some space on the grass, preferably on a blanket. Chairs are for old people.
6. You were asked to bring a dish. What do you bring?
Dessert. Cookies, maybe, or popsicles.
7. Does it bother you to have citronella candles burning if you are eating or cooking outside?
I certainly wouldn't sit very close to them, but if they're doing their job and keeping the bugs away, I might sit upwind of them.
8. What fellow bloggers do you want to meet at the picnic?
I'm not fussy: come one, come all!
9. Does there need to be a pool at the picnic, your choice?
Nope. I can't swim, so a pool wouldn't be much use to me.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Your last answer reminded me that when my nieces and nephews were little, we kicked them out of their kiddie pool so the adults could soak our feet in the cold water. :-)

I am Harriet said...

We get those cheese brats. They are a guilty kind of pleasure.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/05/do-you-prefer-food-grilled-on-a-charcoal-or-gas-grill/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

So, Allison is kicking everyone out of the kiddies' pool. Harriet has reviewed you menu. Hmmm. I'll just bring Smirnoff...

Cat. said...

...and you're all welcome. There are very few rules at my house. :-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.