Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday 9 (a day late)

(Link in meme-roll)
Looking for a Love

1. When you were single, or if you are single, what's the best way to look for love?
I was in college when I was single the last time, so I would say LOOK AROUND YOU!
2. Have you ever cruised online personals, even if you're married for fun? What was the reason, or if you haven't, why not?
I have looked very cursorily due to a friend cruising them and mentioning a few doozies she'd come across. Otherwise, no. I tend to spellcheck obsessively, so it's just painful for me.
3. Have you ever put up an online personal? If so, how was your experience?
FUCK NO. I've been married since before the internet age.
4. Have you ever answered an online personal? If so, how did it turn out?
Uhm, yeah, NO; see previous answers.
5. Have you ever had a good experience with online dating? If not, have you had a friend/family member have a good experience? Tell us about it!
My brother and two of my nieces are currently married to people they met online. My brother has been married 15 years, one niece for six years, and one for four years.
6. Have you ever had a horrible experience with online dating? If not, someone else?
My brother has, prior to his marriage. Arguably, as a result of his marriage as well, I suppose. And a dear friend has had multiple bizarre and mostly unpleasant situations in this area.
7. Back in 2004, a friend threw her husband out because she found out that he was having cyber affairs/sex with 2 women in states FAR away from them. Do you think that cybersex is actually cheating?
Well, if one partner in a marriage is spending as much or more time on sexual thinking outside of the couple, then yes it's cheating.
8. Do you have any suggestions for someone as to how to stay safe using a dating service?
I'm the last person to ask. My feeling is that most of the time people just need to use their common sense and not create false expectations.
9. I've heard someone say, “There's Match.com and then there's everyone else." Is this true in your experience or someone you know?
Hmm, I think brother and both nieces used Match.com so I am perhaps a bit biased that direction.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.