Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The 5000 Question Meme, Part Two

26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Beast took me car-shopping (looking, really, but wevs) and bought me lunch.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Well, yeah, isn't that the definition of life?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
Keep my weight and health at their optimum, weeding the yard, and keeping the house clean and tidy.
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do, or how other people make you feel?
Realistically, I think it's how I feel around people that sticks with me, but I usually point to actions or words that solidify the first impression.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Forgiveness, laughter, and passion. Perhaps even in that order.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
See my grandbabies, fly a plane, and be less lazy.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A long life filled with nothing but pain, seeing my son seriously and hopelessly injured or ill, and surviving a nuclear bomb.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
I believe that women should be treated legally the same as men. Or rather, I believe it would be instructive to everyone if men were universally treated like women under the law.
34. What does each decade make you think of?
Are we talking age or calendar? I have no idea what this is about, but I probably enjoyed myself the most in my late 30s/early 40s, but my heart belongs to the '80s.
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Again, age or calendar? The last ten years have been great, but my teens were pretty special.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Rock: "Spinning Wheel" (BS&T). Pop: "Georgy Girl"
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
U.S. Barack Obama.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Hold the line. Just hold the line.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
I never turn on the TV in the middle of the night. Yes, seriously.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Jafar? I certainly have his laugh. Maybe combine that with the Evil Stepmother/Queen in Snow White; my cooking is sometimes about that good.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
I was a Girl Scout for all of about 18 months. I think I spent more time at my brother's Boy Scout events when I was tiny.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly. I don't have time for a ship. Unless it's a cruise.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Refraction, reflection and shadow. Go read wikipedia and stop bugging me.
43. What does your name mean?
Just checked my given names. In total my name means something like Black Flowery Death Companion.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Outer space. Can't swim.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Breathe
Meat: Steak
Different: Same
Pink: "Dear Mr. President"
Deserve: Earn
White: ...Flag
Elvis: Old School
Magic: ...Wand
Heart: Soul
Clash: Casbah
Pulp: Orange...
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
I'd love to ask the apostle Paul what in the world he was on about.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
Most of the people I meet ARE alive, so... pretty much the same as ever.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Nope. Yuck. Sounds like hell to me.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
A pillow and blanket, my Nook, some Dr. Pepper, food, a LARGE bucket with a lid, my MP3 player a pen or two, empty notebook... Nothing very surprising.
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
Nothing dramatic, just the usual sense of "there but for the grace of God" stuff.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.