Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
St. Patrick's Day

1. St. Patrick's Day is March 17th (Thursday). Do you celebrate and wear green? Drink Green Beer? Ignore it?
I don't drink beer when it isn't green, so yeah...not. As for wearing green, someone pointed out to me that she's wearing orange since she's a Protestant. I've watched the Orangemen march and they disgust me, but the opposing side isn't much better, so I'm thinking I'll wear blue. Or red. Or black and white.
2. If a leprechaun told you that you could have any amount of money from his pot of gold but it had to be a specified amount for a specified item, how much would you ask for and what would it be for?
I'd request several billion dollars specifically to help Japan rebuild.
3. One of the symbols of St. Patrick's Day is the leprechaun. Name a celebrity that you think would look good as a leprechaun. Name a celebrity that would look ridiculous as a leprechaun. Is there any one celebrity that would make a really scary leprechaun?
Good: Elijah Wood (of course). Bad: Uma Thurman or Magic Johnson. Scary: Jim Carrey. He's a scary anything.
4. For a prize of $1,000,000,000 you are challenged to make yourself a costume for a St. Patricks Day party. The ONLY rules are that you aren't allow to use clothing and it has to be green. Using anything other than clothing, describe your costume to us using ANYTHING else in the house.
Duct tape. And I'm having Grace make it; she's made numerous articles of clothing and other things out of duct tape for years.
5. What day of the week is your busiest? Tell us about your schedule.
Wednesdays, I'm up at 5:30 a.m., out of the house at 6:10 for Bible Study, to work by 7:45 or 8, work till 5, head to church for dinner at 5:30, and bell choir at 6:30 rounds out the activities. I'm usually home by 7:45 or 8.
6. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile?
Baby giggles.
7. Of all the clothes you own, what do you feel most comfortable wearing, and why?
Pajamas. Or jeans and a T-shirt if I'm leaving the house.
8. On what television show—-either past or present—-would you like to make to make a guest appearance, and what role would you play?
I would have loved to have been on Gilligan's Island as Mary Ann's cousin or something like that.
9. What else is on your mind? Go ahead and rant.
This has been a horrible Lent so far: the collective-bargaining bill in Wisconsin, the NFL talks backfiring, and topping it all is the horrendous news out of Japan yesterday and today. I totally want a do-over. Feels like I didn't get a choice on what to give up this year; I'm giving up my peace of mind by default.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Your Wednesday schedule made me tired.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.