Saturday, March 19, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Did you remember to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day?
Barely--I grabbed some green sox. I also had on orange without really planning it.
2. Have you ever pinched someone or been pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day?
It was the thing to do when I was a kid. I occasionally pinch Beast, since he's about as Irish as borscht and forgets.
3. Do you ever wear specific colors to make a stand for certain illnesses or issues, such as wearing pink to support breast cancer victims and research?
Not very often. I never wear pink, though it has absolutely nothing to do with support or lack thereof. If I were going to go with colors, I'd be mostly likely to follow the liturgical calendar.
4. Have you ever worn any sort of ribbon to commemorate someone who sufffered from an illness or condition? If so, what did the last one you remember wearing signify?
Nope. Look, I am related to several alcoholics (dead and not-), my sister died of leukemia, another sister died of Parkinson's/MSA, my dad died after a heart attack, my mom died of injuries caused by a car accident (among other things), MIL died of pancreatic cancer, and I've had several friends die of or suffer from various other major diseases. If I wore ribbons for all of them, I wouldn't have to buy clothes. I gave up this fight eons ago.
5. Do you wear or have you ever worn a colored wristband to raise awarness about an issue or illness? If so, which one(s) do you or have you worn?
I had one, I think it was a LiveStrong one, but I've never really been a fan of bracelets, and this is now rotting on my dresser. I doubt it's still stretchy even.
6. Take the quiz: What Color Day Are You Having?
Yes, yes, I do believe in irony...
You Are Having a Pink Day
Today you are focused on other people. You are needed, and you are happy to help.
You are willing to be nurturing, even when it's a bit draining. Right now, you can't say no to family and friends [or coworkers].
You are bringing tranquility and hope to those around you. Just make sure to take care of yourself as well.
If you become too worn out, you will be unable to be truly helpful.
As hard as it may be, you need to put yourself first today.
There were some questions that didn't have an appropriate answer for my day, and I'm sure that's how I ended up pink.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.