Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Sunset Meme

1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Un platillo de buñuelos.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
I rarely had homework as a kid, but usually I did at least some of it right away. I think. Honestly, I don't remember much till high school and then it was term papers and that sort of thing; those I tended to write maniaclly in full the day before they were due. Not much has changed over the years.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have bloody-EVerything!
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
Better than bringing my own, for sure! The milk in my thermos was always warmish. But I didn't get school lunch often, just for Baked Cheese Sandwich days. The other days I had to bring my cheese sandwich from home. Which I did. Every single day. My mom repeatedly asked me if I didn't want something besides cheese; nope. Cheese, butter, bread=happy Cat.
5. Is religion a crutch?
Some people use it that way. The theory of crutches being that you eventually wean yourself off of them, right?
6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport?
Well, hell, isn't it ALWAYS football? It's the one the gets the most money anyway. [Nope, no bitterness there, eh?]
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Yes. Rich in friends and life and family and the things that matter. Also, we have jobs that cover our bills, a house, good neighbors, indoor plumbing, heat, access to health care, food...I'd say we're better off than a LARGE portion of the human race. I try to never forget that.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
I can do A and B with out a problem--just got re-certified last year--but I'd probably need help with the tire. Haven't actually done it for thirty years.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
C. Looks like it would have the least impact on my joints of the choices.
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
"Grandma/Gram/Aunt Jean died." Although there was WAY more angst when we told him the dog died several years earlier.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Heh. Oh my, the first thing than I thought of isn't going to be shared, so...ok, how to live with myself after over-serving myself on (free) cheap champagne. Before I passed out/threw it all up, what I remember about my behavior is pretty humiliating.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
When we've been there ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
we've no less days to sing God's praise
than when we first begun.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

When I was young I loved baloney sandwiches. I had them everyday for a year. then I hit the wall. I've only had it a couple of times as an adult. Happy Sunday!!

Kwizgiver said...

I love cheese sammiches!!!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.