Friday, February 18, 2011

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
Fleetwood Mac

1. Go Your Own Way "Tell me why Everything turned around
Packing up Shacking up is all you wanna do"
What is the longest vacation you have ever been on?
These are some bitter, bitter lyrics, man.
The longest I was away from home at once was probably December 26, 1984 till February 5ish, 1985. USSR, China, Switzerland and Italy.
2. Hold Me "There's nobody in the future so baby let me hand you my love
oh, there's no step for you to dance to so slip your hand inside of my glove"
What is the worst exercise machine or routine you’ve ever tried?
I'm not really too excited about elliptical machines because I'm not coordinated enough for 'em.
3. Gypsy "So I'm back to the velvet underground back to the floor that I love
To a room with some lace and paper flowers back to the gypsy...that I was...to the gypsy...that I was..."
What is your fondest memory of personal freedom?
Hiking around in the mountains alone with my dog all day.
4. You Make Lovin Fun "I never did believe in miracles, But I've a feeling it's time to try.
I never did believe in the ways of magic, But I'm beginning to wonder why"
Do you believe in magic/witches/alchemists?
Not as such. I believe there is an awful lot in the world that we don't fully understand, though.
And I do believe in miracles.
5. Dreams "Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions I keep my visions to myself
It's only me Who wants to wrap around your dreams and ...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? Dreams of loneliness ... Like a heartbeat ... drives you mad ..."Your newest daydream was about what?
I don't remember the last time I daydreamed. It's not really my thing--never has been.
6. Say You Love Me "Have pity baby, just when I thought it was over. now you got me runnin', runnin', runnin' for cover. I'm begging you for a little sympathy
'cause if you use me again it'll be the end of me"
Anyone violate your trust lately?
My boss. None of us feels like she's got our backs.
7. Sara "Sara, you're the poet in my heart Never change, never stop
And now it's gone It doesn't matter what for When you build your house
I'll come by"
Do you live in a house, apartment or with a relative?
House, with my family.
8. Over My Head "You can take me to paradise and then again you can be cold as ice
I'm over my head but it sure feels nice"
How have you been over your head lately?
I've been pretty well buried at work for the last couple of months, not only in work but emotionally. My boss is making everyone nuts.
9. Songbird "And the songbirds keep singing, Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you, Like never before, like never before"
Do you believe people should have caged birds for pets?
Sure. Why not? I have had.
10. Landslide "Can the child within my heart rise above?-can I sail thru the changin' ocean tides? -Can I handle the seasons of my life? I don't know....."
What season of your life are you sailing through?
Early autumn, when all the crickets start whining.
11. Silver Springs "Time cast a spell on you But you won't forget me
I know I could have loved you But you would not let me"
Any unrequited love story for you?
Nope. All my love has been requited. ;-)
12. Little Lies "No more broken hearts, we’re better off apart. Let’s give it a try, tell me tell me lies…"
Ever told a lie to someone so to not hurt their feelings when they asked for the truth?
I tend not to do more than varnish the truth a bit. These things'll bite you in the ass.
13. Warm Ways "You.....made me a woman tonight sleep...until the morning light
I … I'm waiting for the sun...to come up.... I can't sleep...with your warm ways"
If you have lost your virginity, and if you can remember the event, was it as amazing as you thought, or were you less than happy with the results?
Hello, I have a (biological) son! So, yeah, virginity is a long-forgotten state for me, and losing it wasn't exactly poetic or romantic.

1 sweet-talkers :

DJ KathyA said...

Hiking sounds fun with a dog. Been watching clips from the dog show this week and glassy eyed jealous of anyone who owns a dog. Your vakay sounds wonderful and educatinal...all those countries and cultures in one trip?! Amazing. I know what you mean about those bitter lyrics...Mac has some powerful ones about relationships. Thanks for playing my meme Cat. : )

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.