Saturday, February 5, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. What was the first car you ever owned, even if it was a hand-me-down?
The first car I co-owned--I've never been the single owner of a car--was Beast's late-70s era Pinto from college.
2. Which car drove better: the first one you ever drove or your current car?
Given the answer to the first question, I am undoubtedly SAFER in my current vehicle, which is (somewhat ironically) also a Ford. The Pinto didn't drive badly, but it was inherently terrifying.
3. Which car did you feel safer in: the first one you ever drove or your current one?
The first cars I ever DROVE were my dad's Chevy Malibu station wagon and my mom's Toyota Corolla. Perfectly safe, but I was a young driver and nervous-ish. Then again, I was a teen, so nothing bad really was likely to happen to me, right? (hah--the folly of youth) The only time I don't feel safer in my truck, though, is in winter when I'm sliding all over. Trucks=not good in snow/ice.
4. Take the quiz: Are You a Good Driver?
You Passed Your Driver's Test
Congratulations, you got 7/10 correct.
You're a good driver - at least, when you want to be.
I would love to know which three I got wrong since I'm virtually certain that at least one of them is a local stipulation.
Also, "right away"???? For real? How can I possibly take a test like this seriously when the author of it doesn't even know how to spell "right of way"?
5. Consider the last “close call” you had with another driver on the road: was it your fault or theirs?
Well, mine, I guess, but really it was the fault of a looming 25-foot pile of snow at the edge of the road that I couldn't see around without pulling (slowly) into the street.
6. If you could place “traffic light” cameras at any location to catch any kind of violation, where would you place them and what violation would you be hoping to put a stop to?
Blergh. I would like a politeness-cam to catch people who honk or gesture wildly and have their mouths and hands duct-taped (hands to the wheel, mouth just closed).

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.