Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Steven Tyler

1. And the things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first.
When was the last time that you wanted to do something, but it was all done before you got there?
Oh, probably something like getting the exact dessert I wanted at dinner at church.
2. As good as I am, I'm nothing without my band.
Do you feel there is anyone you could not do without?
This quote is so freakin' ironic for him to have said. And, yes, I'd be a completely different person without Sparky and Beast.
3. Back then it was nothing like today. So you'd go to the bowling alley. We bowled and you could be in the back and you could make out, you know? And you know how hot it was to make out.
When you were young and innocent, what place did you make out?
Cars. There's an overlook by the dinosaur bones west of Denver...
4. Drugs will get you out of your own way, but we lived it, and that's dangerous. It can actually turn around on itself and steal your soul, and that's what happened.
Were you ever tempted by something that could "steal your soul"?
Too much of ANYthing can steal your soul: love, books, food, anything.
5. Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.
How do you deal with sorrow?
The latest bout has bene squashed down inside. It'll come out eventually in some weirdorific way. I know it's not right to do that, but ...
6. Fake it until you make it.
Did you ever have dreams of making it in showbiz in some capacity?
Nope, but this is one of the things I say regularly in my head.
7. Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.
What keeps you fresh and new?
Frequent showers and baths. And being cut off at the knee by others.
8. I don't mind being a grandfather.
If you are a grandparent, do you at first "mind it"? If you aren't, how do you think that you would feel about it?
I ... can't wait! Well, yes, I can wait about 10 years.
9. I grew up in New Hampshire. My closest neighbor was a mile away. The deer and the raccoons were my friends. So I would spend time walking through the woods, looking for the most beautiful tropical thing that can survive the winter in the woods in New Hampshire.
Do you enjoy winter where you live?
Hell no. Another month and I'll be officially climbing the walls, and I'm medicated, so imagine what I'd be like if I weren't!
10. I have to get inspired by something that touches my soul, or rocks my soul.
What rocks your soul?
"Getting" something for the first time--seeing how the inside of things work. Watching kids learn. Music. Sunshine. Giggles.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.