Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Ace Meme, Part One

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Abdominal surgery. It's about 7" long and killed my bikini-wearing future. Ha ha ha (as if I had a bikini-wearing future at that point anyway).
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Hmmm, "room"?? Generally, there's paint on all the walls in the house. [baDUMbum--I'm here all week, folks]
In my bedroom there is (moving clockwise from the door) a painting of a lighthouse (by Beast's grandma), a framed greeting card returned to me by "Harkonnen" (Uncle Briny, RIP), a lighthouse calendar, a print of a broken-down boathouse and fence with a wooden boat in the foreground (wedding gift from my parents with the frame made by my dad), a framed photo taken by my brother-in-law of the houses along a canal in Copenhagen, and Beast's grandparents' mirror (which needs resilvering rather badly). Aren't you glad you asked?
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
I've been known to do all of the above at different times. I wear a mouthguard now, having broken 2 teeth in the past couple of years. Thanks, Gene Pool, for the excellent dental background. I've been told I snore "gently" when I'm sick or really really tired, and we have a great story about me freaking Beast out one time in particular when I SHOUTED in my sleep.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Y'know, really, it's easier to ask what I don't listen to. Here's my Jango; go peruse my "likes."
5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
In the Cenozoic Era, at about 10 p.m., I think.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To be caught up at work.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
My dad. Having mentioned the picture frame above, I can't stop thinking about him.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Oh good heavens! Uhm, the "grandma paintings" (I think we have three in the house now), this laptop, my mom's china, family Bibles, stuff my dad built, the house in general....
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
Somewhere around 170 cm, and shrinking.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Not ... precisely. I don't like being 'squished' against other people or objects, though. Elevators, as a rule, are not a problem. Being in a crowd before the doors of a venue open is not fun. Neither are shopping malls at Christmas.
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Nope. I like the dark. Trust me, I've been in D A R K--as in, underground, lights-off--that scares me a lot. Regular 'dark' in the modern world isn't scary at all. To me.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Mostly likely to be Beast or Sparky. It is the nature of life, no?
13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Sparky's being hurt. It has been a horrible month or two for parents we know; lots and lots of bad news ranging from inoperable brain tumors to fatal car accidents to generally bad medical news. Without negating the feelings of those families, I'm actually afraid to talk to them out of fear. Yes, I'm aware it doesn't make sense.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
Awwkk-warrrd (wording). I like people for their insides, in truth, but I tend to look longer at guys with dark hair and eyes.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
"I propose that everybody show some sort of sympathy..." (Michael Penn). My proposing [marriage] days are over.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Diet Dr. Pepper. Can't stand coffee.
17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Canadian bacon. Or just plain bacon.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Nachos with spicy cheese. Or a dozen doughnuts. Really--anything would be good; I haven't eaten yet today.
19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
OOOH! Of ALL TIME?? {huh} Blue.
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
Nope. Never have fallen for the "do something stupid to impress others" stuff.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Life. And no, I'm not saying that lightly, not at all.
22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
Nope. I'm crush-free at the mo.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I couldn't be less double-jointed! Well, ok, yes I could: I could be immobile, I guess.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
"On sale." Also a fan of "comfortable."
25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
I really like the people who rarely or never show up in "Us" or "Star" even though I enjoy making fun of those who DO regularly appear there.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Just Ruka, the gpig. Have been thinking about getting him a friend to hang with. Shh, don't tell Beast!
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
I think we've established the genus and species elsewhere, many times.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Probably not. Unless we're talking about a kid. I fall for babies and kids at the drop of a hat.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED?
87, though, to be honest, I only typed it; I didn't say it out loud. Beast already thinks I'm insane.
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
See above, #14.
32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
"Confusion is always the most honest response." --Marty Indik
33. FAVORITE PLACE?
In bed, drifting off to sleep.

4 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

I've chipped away at my teeth grinding as well.

Have a great rest of your weekend.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/seriously-are-we-asking-this/
Join us for Monday Mayhem

Kwizgiver said...

Thank you for introducing me to Jango! I use Pandora at school but I like the looks of Jango more.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

LMAO at "I'll be here all week, folks!"

Kwizgiver said...

Here's some blog love for you!!!

blog love...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.