Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
The New Year's Edition

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Flew to Europe for a weekend. And NOT for fun, though there was a bit of that to be had.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do them, so I never break them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two church members/friends and a coworker.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my sister. See #1.
5. What countries did you visit?
England and this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Less weight on my frame, and a different boss.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Uhm? Not sure, outside of those days in August. Oh, and my complete meltdown at the doctor's office in April. Embarrassing!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through my part of my sister's funeral without crying, re-organizing my department substantially (although that started in '09), facing reality about Zoloft, appreciating my son.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gossiping, being angry, being lazy, gaining weight, breaking promises, etc., etc. So, the usual.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
The slacks I wore yesterday are pretty awesome. The bullet keychain I'm using for work is amusing. Can't think of anything super-exciting.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sparky's. His grades, and ACT scores, have improved this year in a way that shows he finally 'gets it.'
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
An awful lot of our elected officials, everyone affiliated with Faux "News", Brett Favre ... and my brother.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Solange's "I Decided" and everything by sigur rós.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Crying. I know: weird. But there's something really cleansing about having a deep, gut-wrenching cry. Haven't really done that since, oh, April-ish.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Throwing up. TWO rounds of it this year? WTF man, WTF?!
16. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I did sort of fall in love with some of my (extended) family members.
17. Who did you miss?
Mom. Shit, it's weird--she's been emotionally out of my life for years due to the damage to her health that ravaged her before she died last year. I'm only now realizing how much I miss (and have missed) her for the past 10-15 years.
18. Who was the best new person you met?
I think Rosie's Tom is going to be interesting to get to know.

2 sweet-talkers :

Ria said...

Hoping you have a better year in 2011

Kwizgiver said...

I know just what you mean about a cleansing cry. I haven't had a good cry in a while. And I could have written your answer to #9.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.