Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
Philosophy 101

1. First, an easy one. In 25 words or less, what's your philosophy on life?
Don't count on anything, and be grateful for what you've got.
2. Which country is your spiritual home? Why?
This one. Though I adore Italy and Greece.
3. Tell us something about the oldest living member of your family. We mean as opposed to the oldest dead one.
lol
OK, the oldest living member of my family (that I'm in communication with, anyway--no cousins or what-have-you) is FIL. He's an inspiration: almost always cheerful, in spite of many, many reasons to be cranky, and constantly coming up with new projects for himself.
4. Tell us something about the youngest member of your family.
He's only a year old and I haven't yet met him, but he's adorable, judging by Skype.
5. Now we’ll do random. Have you ever had a negative experience at a gym (with other patrons, equipment, trainer) or with the gym themselves?
I am not a fan of gyms, generally. They smell bad and the inmates frequently spend a lot more time posing than they do working out. I've never had one bad experience there, but the incessant din from the TVs in the cardio room(s) makes my head hurt.
And I hate to sweat.
6. If you could go back and change one friendship in your past, who would it have been, and why?
I'd like to know what the hell happened between me and my jr. high/high school best friend as adults, because I've never been so thoroughly set up and brushed off by anyone else in my life than what she pulled 3-4 years ago. This fall, she sent a short birthday email--first in decades--quite a nice one. W-T-F, chick, W-T-F??
7. If you could wish a wish and it be guaranteed to come true (and not to get more wishes), what would it be, and why?
No more dead children, those who die from starvation, abuse, and other humanly preventable things.
8. What were you doing 1 year ago?
Probably pretty much what I'm doing right now, minus feeling sick.
9. Time to belly up to the bar. What drink can I getcha?
Tonight I'll just have room temperature ginger ale. Generally, I'm a little more fun in this department.
10. What's the furthest you've traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend?
I went to London to meet a blog friend. 'Course we were in England anyway, but... I think that wins by default.

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon! *Passing the ginger ale...* :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.