Monday, December 6, 2010

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
Christmas

1. Amazon.com or the Mall?
Well, mostly brick-and-morter, but I have done my share of online shopping in the past.
2. Bows or ribbons?
Bows. We have a corner on the bow market here. Beast's mom had probably 10 bags of unused bows when she died. So, yeah. Bows. Till we die.
3. Expensive or sale tags?
I do not make a point of spending more than necessary, that's for sure. However, this year I'm not bothered about spending money. I have it, lots of others don't, so I'll do my bit to support the economy.
4. Long list or short?
My list is usually non-existent. This year, I have specifically asked for a Nook.
5. Wrapped packages or gift bags?
Anything box-shaped gets wrapped. Anything odd-shaped gets a bag. I'm a little lost on how one wraps a guitar stand, however; it doesn't break down, which is why I bought it, but wrapping...night-mare!
6. Eggnog or vodka?
Eggnog, this time of year.
7. Have you finished your shopping?
Oh, you are too funny. I did buy some stuff in the last couple of days, but I have a ways to go yet before I'm done.
8. A Christmas Carol or The Bible Story?
Can't I like both? I have the Patrick Stewart version of Christmas Carol, but of course I'm partial to the Bible story.
9. Are you Scrooge or Santa's Helper?
Still feeling mostly Santa-y at this point. Give me another couple of weeks and that will change.
10. Did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?
Nope. My mom had 4 kids to practice on before me; she had the situation in hand by the time I showed up.
11. Tell me about your Christmas tree...gotta pic?
Not from this year, but it's the same tree as last year:
Same ornaments as well.
12. Christmas carols or Rock Station?
Of those choices, carols. But I prefer Jango or my own CDs.
13. Do you believe in Elves?
I am an elf! At least on Christmas Eve.
14. I am looking for Santa. Describe him for me.
Big guy. Infectious laugh. Loves kids and toys. Rather red-faced. Sparkly eyes.
15. Do you leave cookies out or bourbon?
Cookies. And carrots for the reindeer.
16. White lights or multi-colored?
Multi. I'm NOT a fan of all white lights on trees.
17. Wreaths on the doors, windows, outside?
Wreath on the door. Maybe we'll get some for the garage lights too.
18. Who are the 3 wisest wise men in your life?
Beast, FIL, and Ruka.
19. Is Christmas religious or commercial for you?
Religious.
20. Ever kiss under the mistletoe?
Yes, but I haven't bought it in years. I can (and do) kiss Beast regularly anyway.
21. Stars or angels on top of the tree?
Star. We went the angel route for awhile but it just never worked for me.
22. Who deserves to get a lump of coal for Christmas and why?
The entire Republican party. They own all the oil anyway, eh.
23. Who is #7 in the 12 Days of Christmas song?
Swans. Unless you prefer this version, in which case it would be The Salvation Army.
24. Snail mail cards or e-cards?
Snail.
25. What do you want for Christmas?
A relaxing day playing with my new toys or reading or sleeping.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Your tree is terrific! LOVE IT! It's neat that the ornaments each look like they have a story.

Like you, I'm not into white lights.

Xmichra said...

I love white lights, but think your tree is beautiful :) I am not a fan of tinsel, I think that for me is a deal breaker!!

For wrapping the guitar stand, you ould get a larger box and wrap that. or you could use cloth wrapping instead of the typical paper. Just an idea or two.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.