Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
 Dark Lady

1. Have you ever been to a fortune teller? If yes, what happened?
Nope. I have been one in a couple of places, strictly for fun. I don't believe in this, so what's the point in wasting my money?
2. How do you cope in an uncomfortable social situation?
I make jokes or try to blend into the scenery. Kinda depends on the reason for the situation.
3. A genie appears (of course). She asks, “If you had 3 wishes but each took 3 years off your life, what would you wish for and why?”
Can I pick which three years to remove? Cuz otherwise, I think I'll go without the wishes. If I can, then I'd want enough money to pay off our mortgage, a clone of my former boss to take over from my current boss, and child abusers to all suddenly stop doing that forever.
4. Would you rather lose your soul mate or never meet them at all?
I don't really believe in soul mates either, but I suppose I'd rather have met than not.
5. What is the hardest thing that you have ever had to do?
Keep moving when all I want to do is stop. Or, stop doing something when I want to keep going.
6. Have you ever had a miracle happen to you or your loved ones?
Yes. My sister never should have survived aplastic anemia OR been able to have kids, and there is at least one incident in the car that should have ended in a horrendous crash and didn't.
7. Tell us about a quote that you can relate to. Why can you relate with it?
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." (Plato) The minister of my church when I was a kid used to say something like this at the end of every worship service. It's a good reminder to stop navel-gazing and be aware that everyone has stuff to deal with.
8. What personality trait has gotten you into the most trouble?
My big mouth. Is that a personality trait? OK, my tendency to jump to conclusions and not back down.
9. For those in The States, how was your Turkey Day? If not from the US, do you celebrate a day like Thanksgiving?
We had an excellent day Thursday and I'm thankful for those who were able to be here with us for the meal and fun times. I found out that a good friend is a girl: "she's got those...things" according to my eldest nephew. He's 38.

3 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Your comment about miracles and car crashes reminded me of a similar experience. There was no way I should not have hit a drunk's car as my date followed me. She was sure watching it that I would die, as did I. The cars never even touched as my cars did a 360...

Cat. said...

Wow! Those are the ones you relive a few dozen times in the next day or so. Scary, and I'm glad it DIDN'T turn out as expected!!

Kwizgiver said...

I have a friend who was convinced that fortune tellers/psychics were the real deal and I went with her as a lark a couple of times. I always thought they were fun stuff.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.