Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nabbed from bzoink

(found here)

What is your favorite genre of music? Why? I'm very much into poppy stuff with decent lyrics. I don't want to work that hard to be entertained. And I'm not a snob.

Name your favorite band(s) Way too many to list, but U2 is at the top of the heap.

Name your favorite solo artist(s) Melissa Etheridge and Billy Joel among many many others.

What is your favorite album? Oh feh: albums! Probably my parents' record of "My Fair Lady." Which is God-only-knows-where.

What is your favorite album cover? Again, my parents' "The Music Man" which was autographed by The Buffalo Bills.

Name your favorite song(s) "Sweetest Thing", "Amazing Grace" and "Pie Jesu" among dozens of others.

Favorite CD you own Depends on the day.

Favorite song on your computer Don't have too many songs on my computer. CBA to look, either.

Favorite song you DON'T have More than I care to think too much about....

Favorite lyrics Depends on the day.

Favorite vocalist Annie Lennox.

Favorite guitarist The Edge.

Favorite bassist My son.

Favorite drummer Phil Collins.

Favorite instrumentalist (any instrument not mentioned above) Weird Al.

Favorite classical / jazz composer Bach. Or maybe Beethoven. Or...Tchaikovsky.

Favorite rapper LL Cool J.

Favorite theatrical score "Evita" or maybe "Jesus Christ Superstar."

Favorite of anything not mentioned I love Dolly Parton.

The bad stuff
What's your least favorite genre of music? Death metal is up there. So is a lot of modern classical stuff.

Who's your least favorite band? Rush. And lots of others.

Who's your least favorite solo artist? Sooooo verrrryyyy mannnnyyyyyy...Liz Phair?

Who do you think is the most annoying musician? Musically, Geddy Lee, in terms of vocalization.

If you could shoot any "artist" or "band", who would it be? I am unlikely to shoot anyone over music.

Who do you think is the least talented? Sooooo verrrryyyy mannnnyyyyyy.

Least favorite song I could live for a long time quite happily never hearing "We Are the World" again.

Most annoying song Those with bad grammar.

Most repetative [sic] song "Ain't No Sunshine" (Bill Withers, and others too)

Last song to be stuck in your head Probably something from church. I can't remember.

Did this survey just get that song stuck in your head again? (sorry) Nope, cuz I couldn't think of one.

Worst band that used to be good? Styx.

A good band that used to suck? Most of them. I mean, who starts out at the top?

Your musical backgroun[d] Piano lessons, flute for 8 years as a teen, campus radio station in college, parents who loved music, 1 year of choir, handbells for a total of 5 or 6 years, four older sibs who exposed me to a large number of old pop. My parents sang and performed in various church-related formats for much for their lives. I couldn't really get away from it.

What was the first music you remember listening to? Strangely enough, I remember Disney songs. Probably because it was unusual, not lullabies or hymns.

What type of music do your parents listen to? Angel songs, nowadays.

Do you play any musical instruments, or sing? If so, elaborate. As already mentioned: piano (badly), flute, handbells.

Do you take lessons for instruments or voice? If so, for how long? I took 6 years of flute lessons. That's it.

Do you plan to / have you gone to college for music? Nope. My niece did, though.

Who are your musical inspirations? Hell, I dunno. Bo Diddley?

Who was your first favorite band or artist? My parents, of course.

Who is your most recent favorite band or artist? I'm enjoying DJ Kane.

What styles of music are you interested in learning about? African pop.

What styles of music do you already know a lot about? 80s college music.

Do you know much about musical theory? If not, would you like to? I don't know much. I know what works, but not why.

If you take lessons, do you like your teacher(s)? I did. She was gorgeous and super-nice.

How many different music teachers do you have, or have you had? Loads and loads.

This or that
Classical or jazz? Classical.
Classic rock or modern rock? Unpretentious rock of any age.
Rock or Rap? Rock.
Emo or Punk? Hmm, depends on the timing.
Funk or Blues? I lean toward blues.
Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin? ...silence.
Bob Marley or Michael Franti? The King: Bob.
Coldplay or Radiohead? Coldplay.
Guster or Dispatch? Again with the silence.
John Mayer or Jack Johnson? And yet more silence.
Eminem or 50 Cent? Eminem.
Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera? Xtina.
Backstreet Boys or N'SYNC? BSB.
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? Beatles. Are you kidding?
Beethoven or Mozart? Beethoven. Tom Hulce kind of ruined Mozart for me.
Rachmaninoff or Debussy? Rachmaninoff.
Duke Ellington or Count Basie? Oh, I so can't choose on this one.
Electric or acoustic? Depends.
Mandolin or ukulele? WTF? Neither, please.
Saxophone or trumpet? Trumpet, played perfectly.

Miscelaneous [sic]
Why do you like music? It soothes the angry soul.

When you're angry, what type of music do you listen to? Loud. Punk, plain old rock, whatever.

Has music ever made you cry? When? Music makes me cry almost every day.

Has music ever made you laugh? When? Dr. Demento and Weird Al are masters.

Do you like local music? I like good music, local or not.

What is the best show you have ever been to? U2's Vertigo concert.

Have you ever played in any shows? If so, what type of music was it? I was in band and choir, but I hardly think that's what this means.

Do you enjoy being on stage? I don't mind it, if I've prepared appropriately.

Do you like to sing, even if you don't consider yourself a singer? I do.

If you could meet any musician and ask them for advice, who would it be? I don't think I'd be asking a musician for advice.

If you could just chill with any musician, who would it be? Keith Richards. I hear he has a stupendous library.

What instrument that you don't play now would you like to learn next? Bagpipes.

Do you like foreign types of music? If so, what types? Yup: Irish, African, Latin, Middle-Eastern, Europop. I'm a magpie.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.