Saturday, November 13, 2010

Friday Five

(Link in meme-roll)
Birthdays  *

1. Do you really make wishes when you blow out the candles on your cake?
I do. Don't you?
2. Have any of the wishes ever come true, if yes?
Probably. I don't really track them.
3. How do you feel about birthdays? (e.g. love the attention, just another day, don't want anyone to know my real age, etc.)
I enjoy them, generally, though I don't make a fuss about them. I had two individuals, separately, at work yesterday afternoon say to me, "TODAY's your BIRTHDAY!?!?!?" Don't care if people know how old I am (47), and it is a little weird to work on my birthday after arranging for the past 4-5 years NOT to work on it. But I don't mind. It really is 'just another day'; I probably feel that way because I know I was born late at night, so my birthday really doesn't start until after most of the day is over.
4. Tell us a favorite gift you've received, or something you'd really like for your next birthday.
I got Bath & Body Works stuff and glassware--plain pilsner and highball glasses, with very thick glass--for yesterday's birthday. Still waiting for something, anything from Sparky. I don't really sweat the gift thing anymore. A card or unreminded "Happy Birthday" is enough, for the most part.
5. What flavor cake?
White or yellow cake with homemade frosting. And lots of it.
Though I wouldn't turn down a homemade pie, either.
_________
* I find it creepy that this meme was done on my birthday by someone I don't think I know.  {shudder}

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I think it's really cool that the birthday meme is on your birthday. :-) Many of our answers are similar--but I usually always work in my birthday.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.