Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
At the Zoo

1. Would you rather have a pet hippo or a pet elephant?
Elephant. They are cute, and smart. But I think I'll let my pet live in Africa or Asia with its friends and family.
2. Why do you think bananas are shaped the way they are?
Gravity.
3. In one word (OK, you can go three to four MAX), what do most people describe you as?
Familiar (as in, they think know me from somewhere).
4. Choice (stupid but a choice…): Loss of vision, ability to speak or hearing - which do you choose? (you have to choose one....It's like a law. But we can't make you)
I would choice loss of hearing. I've been around it and know how to work it.
5. Do you like lemons? Do you use them to clean with or just as a food source? Or are you saving them up for 2012?
I like the scent of lemons, but I almost never buy them unless I'm making lemonioú kotópoulo.
6. When you are feeling icky with that sickness feeling, what is your first choice for feel-better medicine?
Sleep. Best medicine out there.
7. You are starving. You have not had anything to eat for days. In front of you is poison ivy, a live hissing cockroach, and a rotten stinky piece of some sort of mystery meat to eat. Which would you pick and why?
Probably the roach, after I killed it. My question for you is why I didn't eat the meat before it rotted?
8. Who was the last person you bought a present for? What was it? Will you buy Berleen one?
I do not know. Maybe lunch at the pub for everyone the day after the funeral (my brother and I hijacked the bill).
9. Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (If you don't have kids, feel free to explain to the other players why you chose the “no kids“ choice. Yea. I know. Those who have children will NEVER get it. And no, don‘t explain it…)
Well that's more than a little condescending! I totally get why childless-by-choice couples went that route! OK, but what I want Sparky to know when he leaves home: how to make 3 good meals from scratch, how to drive a stick-shift, and how to be a kind person. I'd say he's in good shape except the driving.
10. What was your favorite toy as a child? What happened to it?
I loved my brothers toy cars. And my jacks, and jumprope. Tennis ball against the garage door. Barbie doll. BOOKS!
11. If you could paint your house ANY color you wanted and your friends, family & neighbors would love the color from the moment they saw it, what would it be?
Sage green. But, hey, we have sage green siding, so...no need to paint.
12. If the Pillsbury Dough Boy got into a fight with Mrs. Butterworth who would win? And would anybody get hurt? And do we seem desperate even asking?
Yes, clearly desperate! :-) But wow, I'm definitely in the audience for that fight! Imagine the flying food! Yummmmm--don't even care who wins.
13. What was the last thing you would guess that Kimber took a picture of?
I shudder to think. Probably not a zombie, which was MY last photo.

1 sweet-talkers :

Wendy said...

Very sound and wise advice for Sparky. I love sage green color, that's the color of my bedroom. Good answers :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.