Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Sunday Stealing Player's Meme

1. :::sniff, sniff::: Is the dog in the house?
No that's just Beast. Or maybe Sparky if he has taken off his shoes. The joy of living with two boys is that I never, EVER have to cop to producing odors of my own. ;-)
2. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
"Don't pick up snakes." [it is a metaphor]
3. What's the worst experience you've ever had involving alcohol?
Puking for a couple of hours while half blacked-out in the college union and having to be carried back to my dorm by a campus security guard, which involved waking up an RA to let us into the dorm...it was mortifying.
4. What's the worst thing you've ever done to another person?
This would probably be more appropriately addressed to the 'other person.' The only thing I know is that I haven't always been a perfect mom. Shocking, eh?
5. Who do you think started the concept of memes?
Someone with a shitload of time on their hands and a lot of interest in other people.
6. Give a song title or line that describes how you are feeling right now.
"Lullaby and goodnight..." I'm tired.
7. What's your favorite search engine? Yahoo!, Google, Ask, Bing? or something else?
Google. Not even a competition.
8. If Paul is the Cute One and John is the Smart One and George is the Quiet One and Ringo is the Funny One, which Beatle are you?
Didn't we just do this on another meme? I'm the invisible Beatle. Or, the only girl Beatle. No, Yoko doesn't count.
9. The democratic government decides that, not only do we have to share our money with people who choose not to work, we also have to share our children with those who do not want to ruin their bodies with being pregnant. Which child do you give up?
The GOVERNMENT decided this? Who elected them? WE DID, because we are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC: we ARE our GOVERNMENT. Whoever wrote this question is clearly a moron when it comes to history and political science, and I suspect about anything to do with civics as well.
As for giving up my kid: he's ALL YOURS, as long as you reimburse me for all those years when I really did want to sell him/give him away and you weren't around doing your job raising him.
10. When should you procrastinate - now or later?
I'm so fucking pissed about that previous question that I'm not the least bit tired anymore, so I'll procrastinate now.
11. What is your favorite fast food?
Tea Bagger Brains. Because I want to lose some weight.
12. What was your favourite game as a child?
To play? Jacks. To watch? Football.
13. Why terrible twos have to be terrible
To prepare you for the terrible teens that are ahead of you. (By the way, Sparky was NOT terrible at two, he was absolutely horrendous at three.)
14. Describe your favorite family member.
Seriously, I am still so angry about question #9 that I can only think of the family member I'd throw under the bus in the event of a zombie war. That would be my brother, by the way. My favorite...is...I guess Beast. Or Sparky. Or Elizabeth. I dunno--I like most of my family members.
15. What does your favorite breakfast consist of?
TEA-fucking-BAGGER BRAINS!
16. What food is better the day after it was made?
Almost everything is better as leftovers. Maybe...uhm, lasagna?
17. What was your last big purchase?
The biggest expense in the last three days or so was my massage on Friday.
18. When was the last time you kissed someone and really enjoyed it?
Today, I guess.
19. Why are there memes?
Because idiots like me are addicted. There's always a market when there is addiction.
20. Described yourself using two words that rhyme. (i.e. fuddy-duddy)
Higgledy-piggledy.
21. If you were given the option of a "do-over" in life .. would you take it?
My whole life? No thanks. Not after this last few years--I don't want to redo those at all!
22. What movie makes (or has made) you cry? What touched you about it?
I cry in almost every movie I see, except some comedies.
23. What is one big mistake that you did in your life? And what did you do to make it right?
I should not have been so judgmental about the older people in my extended circle of friends. Now that I'm the same age as they were, I realize that silence is sometimes the most important part of any conversation.
24. When Life Gives You Lemons, What Do You Do With Them?
Capitalize Them.
25. How different are you in real life as compared to the online identity you have created for yourself?
50% or more of what I say here is stuff I wouldn't ever say out loud in public. I'm actually known, in person, for being relatively kind and generous, or so good friends have said. I dunno--if people could read my thoughts, they might not say that.
26. Do you know what your parents would have named you if you had been born the opposite sex?
They didn't name me: my sisters did. And I have no idea what I'd've ended up with had I been a boy, but I'm really glad my parents didn't have another boy. Mom wasn't at all clued in to raising boys.

7 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

#9 was so off-putting I didn't answer it. And lasagna the next day is delightful. I wouldn't say that meme-addicts are idiots. ;-)

Stacy said...

I also found #9 to be a stupid question and I'm (gasp!) a conservative Republican. Honestly, though, the tea bagger comments aren't a whole lot better (no, I am not one). We all need to play nice with each other.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I SO agree the social democratic republican steal-a-kid bitch/bastard must go far away. They can't pass go or collect $200.

Cat. said...

I have been, I mostly do, play nice IRL. It would be nice if the people I disagree with would play nice, too; I guess that's asking too much, eh? But damn if someone is going to bait me in a meme for God's sake, I'm going to bite. The Teabaggers have no sense of history or how politics work. Perhaps, instead of whining about their own patch, they should run for office and FIX THINGS!!

I'm proud to be a Democrat, I know what that means, I know the difference between Democracy and Communism (I've even SEEN Communism "at work" up close and personal in two different countries--how many Teabaggers can say that?), and I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let people who don't care about anything but themselves run this country. We've done that for nearly a decade and see where that's gotten us?

/rant

Cat. said...

Also...

Did you note my reply to #25?
Did you note that this is my blog, in which I'm allowed--I thought--to say whatever the fuck I want, short of fomenting treason?
Please note the timestamps. I'm stewing. Thanks. Thanks SO MUCH.

I am thrilled that this is how my day/week started.

Stacy said...

Wow, Cat. I don't think I slammed you. Just mentioned the tea bagger comments were offensive, too. Your comments are a generalization and not true of all tea baggers/republicans any more than the comments about democrats are all true. You can say what you want on your blog and you are entitled to your opinions. I'm truly sorry you got this angry over this.

Cat. said...

Well, duh, they were MEANT to be offensive. I can't say things about politics that might offend others on my blog without being shamed?

I work everyday NOT to say things that I know (or suspect) they won't like on people's blogs. If I can't say anything nice there, I don't say anything at all. THIS...THIS...is exactly why.

You did slam me, perhaps unthinkingly. In my answers, I wasn't slamming YOU specifically, or Republicans in general. I was slamming people who think like (most) Teabaggers and the person who wrote that ridiculous question: people who think the world revolves around what THEY want, not what is good for the rest their community, people who don't have a clue what goes on in the rest of the world, people who forward inflammatory emails about events that didn't happen, people with no sense of history or propriety....

Jeez. I need to go find a puppy to pet or a baby to snuggle....

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.