Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Dozen

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
Crunchy wheat bread with butter (not margarine), several slices of Kraft American--although cheddar or swiss will do in a pinch--and a layer of Ruffles potato chips. MMMMMMM...the taste of childhood!
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
Good conversation, followed closely by a well-written book (since that really is just another form of conversation, no?). NOT movies; they are pure escapism.
3. What is your favorite board game?
I'm partial to Life, myself. I think it's the sound of the spinner.
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
More. And MUCH less patient with stupid parents.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
Air. I make that a strict policy, on penalty of death. This is what several bouts of asthma have done for me.
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
Yes. But in my experience, one can insert many many other things in place of "loved"--Experience is one damn fine teacher.
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
Just one?? OMG, which to choose...?? There is a special place in my heart for, and a very eerie feeling I get at, Little Bighorn.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
I'm disappointed in myself so often that it barely registers anymore, so I'll go with "someone else." My expectations for others are now so abysmal that I'm often pleasantly surprised, in fact.
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
The plate rail above the cupboards, which was created, designed and crafted by Beast. The man has a good eye, and better hands. ;-)
10. Are you a crafty person?
Not even if I had to be. The mere thought of arts-n-crafts makes my hair itch.
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
Beer-boiled brats on a bun with spicy mustard, and potato chips. This meme has more potato chips in it than there really oughtta be, considering I really don't like them in most circumstances.
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
Piling up the Millionaire City bucks on Facebook.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.