Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dream Survey

(From here)

01. Do you dream in black and white or color? Pretty much in color, I think.

02. What is the best dream you have ever had? I rarely have really bad dreams, and many of them are so totally weird that they make me smile.

03. What is the worst dream you have ever had? Probably that recurring nightmare about being unable to close the library.

04. Have you ever woken up screaming? Soon after we were married I woke Beast up shouting, "Fire!" because of a firetruck going by outside our apartment. I never actually woke up, but he sure did. :-)

05. Have you ever woken up crying? I've awakened wanting to cry, but don't think I've actually cried.

06. Have you ever been able to control your dreams, and if so, how often does this happen? Quite often I can replay parts of my dreams to try to make things turn out differently.

07. Do you believe that dreams say something meaningful about your subconscious? They definitely are signs that I'm processing stuff in my waking life.

08. Have you ever used a dream to solve a real life problem? Many times, if only because I woke up from a fairly realistic dream that was making me laugh.

09. Have you ever written something (story, poem, etc.) that was based on a dream you had? Hmm, no, I don't think so. At least, not a sleeping dream; maybe more of a daydream.

10. What celebrity/ies, if any, have you dreamed about? I don't think I do this very often. Can't think of one right now, for sure.

11. Have you ever dreamed you were flying, and if so, how often? What do you think this means, if anything? Sort of floating or skimming along in a serious glide, but not flying exactly.

12. Have you ever dreamed you were falling, and if so, how often? What do you think this means, if anything? The only time I do this is when I do that weird "JERK" thing when I'm trying to fall asleep.

13. Have you ever dreamed you were naked in public, and if so, how often? What do you think this means, if anything? I don't think I have. I guess this doesn't worry me (ha ha ha).

14. How often, if ever, have you had sexual dreams? Periodically. (I crack myself up...)

15. In your dreams, have you ever had trouble with your car or other vehicle? No. My dreams are almost always about people, not 'stuff.'

16. Do you think it is possible to dream that you are dying or dead? If so, have you ever dreams such a dream? Sure it's possible: I've definitely dreamed about my death. Didn't realize that was verboten until long afterwards. It was, by the way, such a bizarre dream that it's extremely unlikely that it's a premonition.

17. In your dreams, have you ever been caught in a natural or manmade disaster (such as war)? Yes. Also volcanoes erupting, and tornadoes, and so forth.

18. Have you ever dreamed about dead relatives? If so, who and how often? Yeah, they come and visit fairly often, maybe three or four times a year: Dad, Ellen...Mom, I think. Jean hasn't shown up yet, but my grandparents even pop in once in awhile.

19. Have you ever realized, mid-dream, that you were dreaming and then been able to change your dream? Yes. See #6.

20. Would you rather never have another bad dream (or any other) dream (or any other dream) again, or have a horrible nightmare every night for the rest of your life, interspersed with good dreams every night? My understanding is that if we stopped dreaming we would very soon go mad, so I'll take the nightmares, I guess.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.