Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Go Your Own Way
Gonna have this song stuck in my head all day now--super

1. When was the last time you were told to go your own way?
I tell myself that most days. I haven't heard it from anyone else in awhile, which is probably for the best, no?
2. What one experience has strengthened your character the most so far?
Having to be responsible for other people. I find that I'm better at that than I am at being responsible for myself, honestly. Much easier to solve other people's problems than face my own, right? (I do realize this makes me a candidate for therapy, by the way...)
3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
If it's a nice gentle rain, I like sitting on the porch and watching/listening to it fall. Otherwise, I'll curl up with a good book on the couch and read.
4. How long can you go without your cell phone?
Well, hon, it's not like air; I don't need it around all the time. I do use it as a watch, but otherwise as long as I'm with someone else who has a phone, I can go without it for eons.
5. Do you wish you were somewhere else right now?
I'd love to be back in bed, asleep. Didn't sleep long enough at all last night or, more to the point, the night before.
6. Of all the people you've ever known, who have you most feared?
As a child I was afraid of pretty near everyone outside my immediate family. As an adult...let's see, I don't remember being physically afraid of anyone for a VERY long time. Emotional or even practical fear, though, maybe my boss and/or the cops (guilty conscience on that last one)? I don't know.
7. Do people tell you that you look your age?
The fact that people don't say anything of the sort probably means I look exactly my age. ;-)
8. Your ex shows up randomly at your house, what do you say?
Are there really that many exes in people's lives that they do this sort of thing on a regular basis? I'm only asking because this question gets a LOT of play in memes. If any of my exes showed up at my house, it would be VERY weird, since I haven't seen ANY of them in over 20 years.
9. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
In theory, yes. I will stipulate that two chances is the absolute max I'm willing to tolerate with some behaviors. Then there are the total deal-breakers: one and you're out (murder, rape, serious child endangerment/abuse...).

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

You're right about solving other peoples problems being so much easier.
Have a great Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/i-blame-all-the-hooplah-on-baseball/

Kwizgiver said...

Good call on the ex question. That does seem to pop up often. And I really like how you answered the second chance question.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'm with you on more sleep. I started my do nothing at home vacation this week. My GF Kathy woke me at 10. It felt like 6. Enjoy your day... ;)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.